An Evening with Harry sold out now.. | Vital Football

An Evening with Harry sold out now..

Spursex

Alert Team
Funny really, before he was sacked they weren't selling too well - anyway should be a laugh, Harry will be on top form for this one;

Any suggestions for questions from here?

http://www.wfcthevenue.co.uk/events/sporting-dinner-with-harry-redknapp/

A tail or two? Lol

After his recent statement that his Spurs should have won something, if he could redo his Spurs tenure what would he change?

Taricco the yid - 23/9/2017 14:45

What was his biggest regret at spurs:

Signing saha and nelsen or passing on suarez lol

I asked him that one ages ago at the breakfast meeting; and typical Harry regrets nothing, except he thought we should have won something and if he'd been given another year, we'd have won the premier league...

Even Tim laughed at that one.

Real Deal - 25/9/2017 20:37

Has he learned to to tie his own shoe laces yet?

No, that's still Sandra's job; he is now just going to concentrate on his punditry and his writing (i.e. his non writing and is about to engage a pretty good sports ghost writer that's going to make a few peoples Worlds rock)!

But along the way, he may finally learn to do a few things for himself :-)

As you might have guessed; funny speech, full of anecdotes; tried hard to avoid any tougher questions after.

Spoke with him for 20-30 mins before , same old Harry, full of knowledge, full of cliches and contradictions - he does have regrets;, regrets not winning 'stuff' with Spurs when he thinks he should have and believes if he'd been given more time that eventually we would have been challenging consistently for top 4. Asked about what Modders and bale said recently and he said they were probably right to say it. Irritated that so many thought he was tactically limited and niave - in fact down right pissed at the suggestion.

Thinks Levy walks on water and is one of the best he's ever worked with or for and how he runs Spurs is how all clubs should aim to be run, never once forced to have a player he didn't want and if it was ever tried he would have walked, was forced to sell one player he thought he could eventually 'sort out' but too many serious issues in background for the club to consider holding onto him. ALL his purchases were his own. Spoke about the England job but have given my word that it would remain private - as he is doing a update/new book soon and it could well be a real eye opener....

All in all, very entertaining, can't see him take up a management role again, might take up a DoF role (and we spoke about that), it's pundit time now and a few more ghost columns, speaker circuit i.e. after dinner engagements etc and maybe one perhaps two more books.

Might do some more dates next year depending on some private business stuff that's going on and 'home/family' stuff.

If you can get to one next year, go.

So, as he said, he's sort of taking up a DoF role - although because hates the title, he's not calling himself that...

4 October 2017 : Harry Redknapp Gives Thoughts On His New Advisor Role At Yeovil Town
Harry Redknapp has said that he will be making his first visit to Huish Park tomorrow, as he commences his first day as an informal football advisor at Yeovil Town. On an unpaid, non-contract basis, the 70 year old former Birmingham City and Tottenham Hotspur boss will be working with first team manager Darren Way in a role that is not strongly fixed, but would appear to be one that will involve Redknapp sitting in the stands and watching, rather than directly getting involved in the dugout area on matchdays.

Redknapp has had past contact with both of Yeovil Town's current management team. He was Spurs boss at the time the Premier League side loaned the Glovers a batch of youngsters, including Steven Caulker, Ryan Mason and Andros Townsend when Terry Skiverton was in charge of the team. More recently he was Birmingham's boss when Way attempted to bring midfielder Corey O'Keeffe to Huish Park, as a loan deal in the summer. Whilst that deal didn't go through, it did establish some contacts, and Redknapp explained to BBC Somerset how he saw his role in the early days:

"I've known Darren for quite a while and he's a great guy. I think he's doing an excellent job down at Yeovil. He just said if I could come in, whenever I get time to pop down and just be around him for a little bit. I know Terry Skiverton well, and to just be around when I get the time and the opportunity, if I can pass a little bit of experience on, then I'm only too pleased to help. I'm going to pop down tomorrow (Thursday). I'll come down and have a chat with the boys and Darren."

Redknapp also has a strong connection with the Yeovil Town board, given that club owner Norman Hayward and Director Brian Willis were both on the AFC Bournemouth board during the 1990s, whilst Redknapp was in his first managerial job. Despite the Glovers' current 17th place position in the League Two table, he said that he felt the club was still doing well given its constraints:

"I think they've done well under the circumstances. It's difficult, as Darren is not working on a big budget there, so he's obviously got a tough job on his hands. But Yeovil is a good job, and a club with great tradition. I know one or two of the Directors there as well. It's all about just getting the best out of the players that he's got there, which I'm sure he does. But there will be little pitfalls along the way, and little things that he hasn't encountered before that I've come across in all of the games that I've managed, where I can give him a little bit of advice."

The Sandbanks-based former manager has taken charge of seven different clubs (along with two spells at Portsmouth) and has had a reputation for bringing in prominent players for large transfer fees. He admitted that wasn't going to be an option at Yeovil Town. However, he said that one pattern to the sort of clubs that he'd been involved in, was that they were often near the bottom of their division when he arrived:

"I've always taken over clubs that have been stuck at the bottom of the league. I've never met anybody that can suddenly turn very average players into great players. So I've always gone into clubs and tried to improve them, and bring better players in, as well as working with them. But Darren has got a tight budget there, and he can't just go out and bring players in willy-nilly. He's got to work with what he's got. So that's what he does, and he does that very well."