An attacking 3-5-2 formation | Vital Football

An attacking 3-5-2 formation

44two

Vital Youth Team
To be able to play the best players (in-form), Karanka should try this for our next game:

A back three:
Figueiredo, Worrall and Fox
(subs: Mancienne, Hobbs)

Two holding midfielders:
Watson and Colback
(Subs: Bridcutt, Guédioura, Vaughan)

Two wingbacks:
Cash and Osborn
(Subs: Darikwa, Lichaj)

Attacking midfielder:
Lolly
(Subs: Dowell, McKay)

Two strikers:
Tomlin and Brereton
(Subs: Murphy, Vellios)

He won't play Cash at RWB.

It will be Osborn and Darikwa and both will be shite at defending, with Darikwa poor at attacking as well.

Tomlin up front is a maybe.

I have never seen 3 at the back work here, although that doesn't mean it can't. I do think we need better Fullbacks for it to work though, not a central midfielder being shoehorned in

Anything involving attacking can be forgotten about under Krankz. I don’t ever remember even seeing him smile.

Pope John XXIII - 2/4/2018 18:17
He won't play Cash at RWB.

-- Why don't you think Karanka will play Cash at RWB?

Pope John XXIII - 2/4/2018 18:17
It will be Osborn and Darikwa and both will be shite at defending, with Darikwa poor at attacking as well.

--Wingback is more of an attacking position than that of a fullback, since you've got three centerbacks covering some of the defencive duties of the fullback.

Shouldnt that make Osborn more suited for the wingback position than the fullback position?

1) I just think he will. He seems very pleased to have 'recovered' Darikwa and j think he will play safe and stick by him by sacrificing someone else. It might not be Cash.

2) I don't think Osborn us suited to either position

Fwiw os would make a better wing back than full back imo. Has the engine, if not the pace.

I like the idea 442. Maybe drop Joe bring fig in the middle and choose from Eric or darikwa and give it a go.

Somehow can't see our own happy karanka going with that and think pope is probably right.

A) The last two managers obviously fancy os as a fullback. (As do I)

2) He has the engine to play wingback.

Iii) I agree with the op, the best formation to utilise our in form players would involve 3 centre backs and two wingbacks.

D) I think Kranky is more likely to go 5 at the back than 2 up front to be honest if he did play 3 centre backs ( which I don't think he will. Because I agree with Malta's observation on the match thread, that he is playing the fullbacks very narrow.