Amazon Prime | Page 3 | Vital Football

Amazon Prime

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
True, it is cheaper to pay to watch it on Amazon than go to the pub, but if you go to the pub you get to drink draught beer and share the atmosphere with fellow Spurs fans.

Yes, in the model we're currently used to. Go to a pub tonight and Amazon will have 7 concurrent game options on at the same time. How will you know they'll show the Spurs game? What happens at half time when they switch to the Scouse derby (8-15 kickoff) and can't get the channel changed back for the start of our second half?

My armchair still sounds the safest option :-)

Yes, in the model we're currently used to. Go to a pub tonight and Amazon will have 7 concurrent game options on at the same time. How will you know they'll show the Spurs game? What happens at half time when they switch to the Scouse derby (8-15 kickoff) and can't get the channel changed back for the start of our second half?

No problem on that score. I live in a Spurs area with a Spurs landlord. Spurs will be on tonight.

I hope they have enough bandwidth to cope with 7 matches. I know they were in talks with other internet providers to ensure they have enough capacity. I didn't see either of the matches last night but I understand they streamed okay?

VPV = Virtual Private Network.

I'll try and keep this simple as I can; it allows for an end to end connection between where you are and your local IP address to a server somewhere in another part of the World and presents you as a local user to whatever local service you want to access; the encryption is symmetric encryption that TunnelBear performs on the data that leaves your computer or device before it travels across TunnelBear's network and out to the Internet. 256 bit symmetric encryption is generally considered extremely strong. It's tough to hack if you haven't got the key, if not impossible unless you're a government employee - as they have a copy of all commercial encryption keys.

Bottom line, you can then take their local server IP address and present it as your own and so the local service will allow you in (if you use it for streaming) you can then just carry on with no interupts.

Hope that helps?!
Thanks Ex , I really appreciate your reply but I’m afraid the River Thames is clearer to me than what you are talking about .
similar with what Muttley is saying , ! This is all a world that is alien to me .
.I really , really would not have a clue how to act on almost anything that has been said on this thread .
I know I’m paying a fortune to watch football already and I’m not about to pay any more .
Amazon firestick ? Does that work anymore because when I was using it it got harder and harder to find a stream that had any content at all . I just got fed up with it and disconnected it .
But I really do appreciate the input . Thanks

Thanks Ex , I really appreciate your reply but I’m afraid the River Thames is clearer to me than what you are talking about .
similar with what Muttley is saying , ! This is all a world that is alien to me .
.I really , really would not have a clue how to act on almost anything that has been said on this thread .
I know I’m paying a fortune to watch football already and I’m not about to pay any more .
Amazon firestick ? Does that work anymore because when I was using it it got harder and harder to find a stream that had any content at all . I just got fed up with it and disconnected it .
But I really do appreciate the input . Thanks
Walt, to boil it right down, if you have a VPN running on your iPad/PC or whatever it allows you to pretend you are physically located somewhere else like Toronto or Madrid or loads of other places...this allows you access broadcast content available within that country that you wouldn’t be able to view normally due to broadcasting constraints....the BBC and SKY are good examples if you are on holiday in Spain for example and connect to the internet there then when you try to access iPlayer for example it won’t let you because it can see your IP address is outside the UK....with a VPN they will see a UK up address and let you in.

As regards accessing DAZN, technically a VPN would get you access, the only question being whether they will let you register without a Canadian address...of course, 80 could always give you the address of his retirement home I guess! Hi

I have just spent twenty minutes explaining to the misses that we cant get amazon prime on the TV in the front room.
She subscribes to Amazon for the 200 or so deliveries we receive each week. Our postman has arms like Hercules.
"But I have it on my phone" she kept saying.
"We just need to down load the app on our smart TV." she says
Our smart TV is a JVC and has Netflix as THATS WHAT SHE WANTED LAST CHRISTMAS!
So no Amazon - sadly.
"why doesn't it have Amazon. I have it on my phone" (she kept saying)
The she says "Its on an Xbox. Download it onto your Xbox so we can watch it on the telly in the front room"
I said the xbox is upstairs in the room where I play the xbox to get away from the shit shows you watch on Netflix.
Then she says..."Cant we plug my phone into the TV down here? I have it on my phone."

She has a proper job and everything. In TV.
I might have to go to the pub.

I have just spent twenty minutes explaining to the misses that we cant get amazon prime on the TV in the front room.
She subscribes to Amazon for the 200 or so deliveries we receive each week. Our postman has arms like Hercules.
So no Amazon - sadly.
The she says "Its on an Xbox. Download it onto your Xbox so we can watch it on the telly in the front room"
I said the xbox is upstairs in the room where I play the xbox to get away from the shit shows you watch on Netflix.
Then she says..."Cant we plug my phone into the TV down here? I have it on my phone."

She can just plug in her phone; if you have the right cable - clever girl!

https://www.techradar.com/uk/how-to/how-to-connect-your-phone-to-the-tv

Walt, to boil it right down, if you have a VPN running on your iPad/PC or whatever it allows you to pretend you are physically located somewhere else like Toronto or Madrid or loads of other places...this allows you access broadcast content available within that country that you wouldn’t be able to view normally due to broadcasting constraints....the BBC and SKY are good examples if you are on holiday in Spain for example and connect to the internet there then when you try to access iPlayer for example it won’t let you because it can see your IP address is outside the UK....with a VPN they will see a UK up address and let you in.

As regards accessing DAZN, technically a VPN would get you access, the only question being whether they will let you register without a Canadian address...of course, 80 could always give you the address of his retirement home I guess! Hi
Harry , Thanks mate .
I think I will ask 89 how much he charges !

So no Amazon - sadly.

You should be able to download the Amazon App onto your smart tv just like Netflix. Problem solved.

How will pubs even do it?

They will in theory need a fire stick for each TV?

I’m not sure they will bother

How will pubs even do it?

They will in theory need a fire stick for each TV?

I’m not sure they will bother

Here's the crazy bit. They subscribe to Amazon and watch it through their BT Sport kit on one of the encrypted channels. No fire stick and no WIFI needed as it's already hard wired.

I used a UK government office for my BT Player access which was geoblocked.

What the F is levy doing allowing the Amazon circus into our club? I’d like to know how much lovely money it is generating, because I bet it’s not worth it. I think it is a shit decision that undermined Pochettino and is a distraction that the team doesn’t need. Unless it’s raking in 3 or 4 hundred million and it’s getting invested in playing personnel it’s a business decision and not a footballing, success on the pitch, trophy cabinet filling decision.

I was thinking similar that it would have to pay really well to be worth it.

From the wiki on the man city one:
It was announced when news of the story leaked that Amazon had paid Manchester City the sum of £10m for the behind-the-scenes video access

Idk if the club would then be paid royalties based on viewing figures? though I doubt it as Amazon don't reveal them, even to Clarkson & co supposedly.