Am I the only one worried about the next run of fixtures? | Vital Football

Am I the only one worried about the next run of fixtures?

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
Charlton away - just beaten Portsmouth away and even overcame Wimbledon yesterday after having a player sent off in the first minute
Portsmouth at home - They have not yet lost an away fixture in the league.
Doncaster at home - Just beaten Brizzle 4-0 away and Scunthorpe 3-0 at home, having also dispatched Charlton in the cup.

Great lead up to the Cardiff cup game.

Although we have a slight gap above the relegation zone at the moment, I think we are likely to be back in the mire by early January.

That's the thing about football, you can look at a run of fixtures against teams near the bottom and think some points are guaranteed and it doesn't happen. You get a run of fixtures against teams near the top, expect to get nothing and you get some unexpected wins. That's what makes it interesting.

Few would dispute that our next three games are tough fixtures but, who gave us a chance at Portsmouth ! BTW, Wombles also had a man sent off at Charlton yesterday. I have no problem with us being the underdog in this trio of fixtures and believe we won`t be having a pointless Christmas.

It all comes down to expectations. I think most would think staying up with this squad would be a good achievement this season. Although its nice to be a few points clear of the drop zone its not unrealistic to think that a few a few defeats we will be back flirting with it again. Yesterdays point could be a very important one come the end of the season.

If we are to pull properly clear then we need to sort out the home form. It really has been poor for too long and no one seems to know how to fix it.

In terms of that run its not too far fetched to imagine zero points but we went to Pompey and won which no one would have predicted. I think Gills are just too unpredictable - anything could happen and probably will.

Of the three games getting something at Charlton seems the most likely though just because it is away and for whatever reason we seem to be a more effective unit away from home.

I'd be more surprised if we get nothing out of our next three games, than I would be getting all 9 points. I don't think either would happen though. The weather was shite yesterday, and to come back from 0-2 down showed that the team have fight and spirit in them. Let's keep the positivity flowing :-)

Fair enough. It is not even the possibility of losing all these games that concerns me as such.

It is the fact that football is a real confidence game and a run of defeats frequently affects morale.

Not worried. The more I think about it , I believe we`ll get six points, three of them at Charlton. I have just come back from the pub though !

Charlton away - just beaten Portsmouth away and even overcame Wimbledon yesterday after having a player sent off in the first minute
Portsmouth at home - They have not yet lost an away fixture in the league.
Doncaster at home - Just beaten Brizzle 4-0 away and Scunthorpe 3-0 at home, having also dispatched Charlton in the cup.

Great lead up to the Cardiff cup game.

Although we have a slight gap above the relegation zone at the moment, I think we are likely to be back in the mire by early January.

Charlton away - We also beat Pompey away. Wimbledon had a man sent off early on too. Local derby could always go either way.

Portsmouth at home - They hadn't lost a game at home until we beat them.

Doncaster at home - We also just beat Bristol Rovers away and Scunthorpe too

Charlton away - We also beat Pompey away. Wimbledon had a man sent off early on too. Local derby could always go either way.

Portsmouth at home - They hadn't lost a game at home until we beat them.

Doncaster at home - We also just beat Bristol Rovers away and Scunthorpe too

Are you predicting nine points then ?

Worried??? ICGAF! I would have always expected no points against this run of teams but, then I expected no points against Portsmuff away. So borax, any points will be a bonus to me!