Alternative Sports Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Alternative Sports Thread

I am telling you if you want your kids or grandkids to get fit buy them Spikeball. It is being used over here in all kinds of training programs.

Well, our Ash Barty (lives about 20 mins from us) is looking good to take out the Woman's Final at Wimbledon. She'll be the 1st woman to win Wimbledon since 1981.

However, Pliskova will prove an extremely tough competitor in this weekends final.

C'mon Ashleigh.

Fury vs Wilder 3 postponed due to Fury and his team getting covid.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to get in Wilders head. Seeing some of Fury's training clips he also looks out of shape. So could be another reason.

Great weekend for sport. England cricket and rugby, Lions rugby, Wimbledon finals, Tour de France and obviously the Euro's final.

Shame the Canadians can't give England a proper game of rugby :LOL:

Great weekend for sport. England cricket and rugby, Lions rugby, Wimbledon finals, Tour de France and obviously the Euro's final.

Shame the Canadians can't give England a proper game of rugby :LOL:
Yeah muttley, all of the mentioned right up my street, England's 2nd Eleven in the 50 overs v Pakistan, jesus we got some good uns coming through.

Lions v Cell C Sharks again.
Lions were getting out muscled, thus 4 errors punished with Try's, lessons being learnt, then a Sharks man got a red, he was playing so well, why do the elbow bit? he cost em dearly! Lions stepped up, made the changes and run the Sharks ragged after that.

As for Canadian Rugby, even the crap Italians do better, well sometimes lol!

I was going to say that the Canadians should stick to Ice Hockey, but I watched the Tampa Bay Ice Hockey team win the Cup, a team from Florida beating a Canadian outfit, Montreal Lightning, quite convincingly, though my knowledge of the sport is almost minus, but very enjoyable to watch.

I await a rebuke from 80 lol!

Well, our Ash Barty (lives about 20 mins from us) is looking good to take out the Woman's Final at Wimbledon. She'll be the 1st woman to win Wimbledon since 1981.

However, Pliskova will prove an extremely tough competitor in this weekends final.

C'mon Ashleigh.

Tennis is coming Home! To Brisbane...well a city 25 mins from Brisbane, Ipswich.

Well done to an extremely humble Ash Barty. I was more proud of the way she spoke than I was of her resilience.
"It's not enough to be a good tennis player or sports person...first you have to be a good person".

She even wore a replica of Evonne Cawley's Wimbledon winning outfit from 1980..apparently. Class act indeed.

Attachments

• Ash Barty.jpg
    Ash Barty.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice bit of news last week. My 14yr old daughter has been selected to represent GB in the upcoming Youth World Climbing Championships in Russia. 2 weeks away with her team mates is going to be weird.

Its quite an alternative sport but i thoroughly recommend it for anyone with kids from about 6 or 7yrs old. The physique they develop along with the mental workout involved is absolutely amazing. If anyone is interested in it for their kids i can point you in the right direction and don't worry, i started with zero knowledge so its not difficult. Also parent doesn't necessarily have to climb with the kids :-)

Go Louis. One of my most prized possessions is a framed photograph taken with my fellow Board Members together with Louis Oosthuizen at a party held at our Golf Club, where Louis is a member, after his win at the Open at St. Andrews in 2010. Unfortunately we recently relocated elsewhere in the country, so I won't be able to update the photo if he does hold on to win this years Open.
Six major runner up finishes, runner up in the Players Championship and World Matchplay, and eight top thirty year end world ranking finishes in the last ten years. The most under rated golfer of all time.
Contemporaries Martin Kaymer, Henrik Stenson, Jason Day and Adam Scott have all come and pretty much gone, but Louis just keeps rolling, the man to beat in every major.
If he wins on Sunday afternoon, there will never have been a more deserving winner.

Go Louis. One of my most prized possessions is a framed photograph taken with my fellow Board Members together with Louis Oosthuizen at a party held at our Golf Club, where Louis is a member, after his win at the Open at St. Andrews in 2010. Unfortunately we recently relocated elsewhere in the country, so I won't be able to update the photo if he does hold on to win this years Open.
Six major runner up finishes, runner up in the Players Championship and World Matchplay, and eight top thirty year end world ranking finishes in the last ten years. The most under rated golfer of all time.
Contemporaries Martin Kaymer, Henrik Stenson, Jason Day and Adam Scott have all come and pretty much gone, but Louis just keeps rolling, the man to beat in every major.
If he wins on Sunday afternoon, there will never have been a more deserving winner.

Louis is reminding me of Molinari a couple of years back. He looks so in control of the golf ball. Not trying to overpower the course and you just expect him to get the putts. What comes next will hopefully be a deserved major.

I see the weather has double bluffed the course manager. The rough looks too thin and the fairways look slightly too wide. I'm not sure he was expecting he heatwave we're in where the winds have completely calmed down blowing off the Kent coast. He was expecting it to play havoc. All they can do now is position the pins in more tougher positions at the weekend.

Hard lines mate. Great effort tho. Go again.

Hard lines mate. Great effort tho. Go again.
Yeah thanks, found it all rather disappointing albeit not surprising. Louis just doesn't seem to be able to get over the line, in his six major seconds and a third I believe that he only broke seventy once on the last day, and that was when he came from a long way off the pace with no real chance of winning. Think it's a combination of nice guy and his fairly humble South African farm upbringing. These young guns on the American tour have pretty much all gone thru the golf scholarship route, and they're already conditioned to win by the time that they join the tour.