already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY?? | Page 9 | Vital Football

already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY??

Reports suggest Del Piero has opted to join Sydney!

That's another target gone.....

Come on Lawell, get the fucking finger out!!!!!

Efe Ambrose from Ashdod for £1.5m seems to be the most likely move for us today!

Lennon has tweeted saying his phone is very busy..........well that's just lovely but would you please kindly get some deals done!

I believe we will get a forward in this window. With Stokes out until late october, Lenny would never let Bangura and Murphy go on loan if something wasn't in the offing.

I would assume you are right welch....I just wonder who.....Connor Wickham isn't a bad young striker and would be fine in the SPL, but I'd rather have someone capable of making a difference in Europe as I'm sure most fans would.

I don't think we will see more than the two signings today though! Shame really!

Celtic block a bid for Stokes........Huddersfield (who have just sold Rhodes to Blackburn for £8m) made an offer well below Celtic's valuation of the striker (a figure believed to be less than £1m).....

They can go and get to fuck!

Well, an £8m pound bid is way too much. And less than £1m for Stokes is ridiculous.

I thought we were looking at Russell.

Well there is talk.....I think the boy has talent but he's also a loose canon! Not too sure about him. Dundee United have priced him at £2m......

Perhaps a little more than we are prepared to pay for him!

Must surely have another striker in mind......should be after Leanard Kweuke!!

I think Scottish clubs have until midnight. We usually get slightly longer than England and the rest.

We have apparently bid for Sporting Braga left winger, former Porto player and former Portugal U21 international, Helder Barbosa.

He signed a three year deal in 2010 when he left Porto but is not thought to be in the manager's immediate plans this season and will be allowed to leave for the right price!

[youtube=r6tg1VC4PfY]

Definitely looks like a good buy but at the same time, another midfielder? Not exactly highest on our needs list!
Though I'm glad he is a winger and not a CM because we could do with strengthening the wings.

I still think Lenny will find a forward, but I doubt any will turn my crank. Lakic looks mediocre. Johnny Russell has ability but he is not a prolific scorer. Rhodes is gone. Those guys are all cover for better forward that we already have.

It looks like we will soldier through a couple months without Stokes and using Hooper, Sammy and Watt as our main forwards with Commons getting some time up front.

Well it looks like we are trying to get a loan signing for a striker. Marvin Ogunjimi. He is signed to Mallorca until 2015 but is supposed to be joining Standard Liege on loan. We have apparently agreed compensation with Liege and have agreed the fee involved etc with Mallorca....

He is a 24 year old, 6ft striker from Belgium (of Nigerian decent) who has 7 caps for Belgium and has scored 5 goals for them. He has experience of playing in the Europa League and Champions League. Didn't play much last season but before then he scored 22 goals in 44 games in the Belgian league and in Europe.

Confirmed on BBC news just moments ago as I write this, Celtic have signed Efe Ambrose!

Hey bijoux oddity,why did you NOT mention our two new heroes until tonight. Yer ver near the sack Humphy. :emoticon:11

Well to be fair Jimmy, the keeper is some what of an unknown, not exactly on the radar and I didn't realise we were in the market for a keeper.

The striker I had heard of but he only really became available in the last 3 or 4 days according to Lennon. To buy him would have cost a lot, we have him on loan with an option to buy....

Anyway, some good business last night but I was a little disappointed nothing came of our move for Helder Barbosa, he looked good! Would have been a good quality addition for Europe as well.

Still a striker to bring in and it seems it is someone on a free transfer, speculation continues that it will be Michael Owen......there is also Ivan Klasnic, Emile Heskey, James McFadden and John Carew all free transfers!

Or maybe Lennon has another free transfer lined up.......it will be done by Monday anyway so not long to wait!

klasnic and carew id take. probably rather klasnic, carew maybe for something different but high wages. miku sounds a good striker and efe ambrose i hope is good. no point in the keeper

WELCOME TO CELTIC, LASSAD NOUIOUI!!!!!

Lassad Nouioui is officially a Celtic player......and it looks like a cracking signing from what I can tell. Certainly going to give us something different that I think we've been missing. He has scored twice in one game against Barca in recent seasons.....

I find he is very like Samaras but a more natural finisher and much better inside the box. He makes smart runs, links play well, can stick his noggin' on it from crosses, he has skill and good footwork and he's pretty quick. All in all, looks to be a good signing!

Here's a couple of videos, one shows his ability to link play and take on his man, the other shows some of his goals.....ENJOY!

[youtube=F29ejHjC07Q&feature=related]

[youtube=KlYqH8RAW7g]

Thanks for posting those, wee_od.

Time will tell, of course, but he looks to be exactly the type of big, powerful striker we've been lacking for years. Quick, mobile and also tricky and intelligent on the ball.

To get him for free is an exceptional bit of business!

Quite agree Tic. Only time will tell and I don't expect too much straight away as Lennon did say they are unsure how much of a pre-season he has had as he left Deportivo at the end of the season but once up to speed he will hopefully be good. Certainly seems to offer what we have been lacking though!

Well, we have two new striking options and a new CB. Assuming we can get Ledley and Brown fit, things should start to shape up nicely.

Latest Celtic News