already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY?? | Page 8 | Vital Football

already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY??

I can't comment much on Boly, he seems quite highly regarded as a big strong CB but as I've not seen him play it's difficult to say. Ambrose on the other hand, I have seen......and I like! I think he'd be a cracking choice!

Bangura is away back to AIK on loan until the end of the year, he will be back in January with the hope he will have regained his confidence and had plenty of game time to get going again after all of his injuries.

They still seem to think very highly of Bangura so I don't think this is just a way of getting rid of him again, at the same time though, I think we will now need to strengthen with another striker if we get through tomorrow night's game and get through to the CL group stages......that's a definite!

Bangura is either suffering from a personal crisis of confidence or he is the worst talent read Lenny has ever had. We don't need him. I'd rather have Sammy, Watt and even Murphy out there.

I have maintained that Bangura could still come good and that has partly been down to the backing of Lenny and Ledley also stated in an interview that he is a good player and just needs time.

I'm now beginning to doubt it. I don't doubt that Bangura can play, but whether he is going to be good enough or us is starting to look less and less likely.

Bangura is now behind Tony Watt in the pecking order so it makes sense that he is going, I'm just surprised that we didn't wait until after tomorrow night before deciding whether to let him leave. If we make it through to the group stages, Bangura could have had more opportunities to come good. I suppose it would just be better for him to go get regular, week-in, week-out football in Sweden and rediscover his goalscoring form....which I think he will.

I still don't fancy Sammy or Murphy as an out and out striker though, from that point of view I think Bangura is actually still better.....only just mind you!

Suggestions in the media that Boly could cost as much as £3.5m or more........but that he would be keen to join us!

Markus Henriksen could be on his way to Holland to join AZ Alkmaar as they are currently talking to Rosenborg about him, we are however still in the hunt and will no doubt be monitoring what is happening.

Henriksen to AZ deal looks to be done.

Meanwhile we have been enquiring about Chris Humphrey from Motherwell..........someone want to explain that one to me?

Am I hearing correctly......Allesandro Del Piero?????? MY GOD! Even at his age, that would be some signing! Think what that would do for the likes of Tony Watt as well, getting to play with a LEGEND like Del Piero!

Pavlyuchenko.....he just left Tottenham in January did he not? That would be quite a strange one but certainly wouldn't say no to a loan deal or something. I rate him as a striker, quality player who didn't get a fair crack of the whip at Spurs!

Any other news on a CB Tic? I think Ambrose would be a good one, Boly is too expensive and Yoshida might not be quite what we need. He's good and getting better but just not sure. I like Ambrose though!

Saw the Pav thing on twitter but he might just have been taking in the game and wanting to soak up the Celtic Park atmosphere again.

Not heard any thing definite on who the CB will be, mate.

Some rumours suggest we could be bringing in 4 players, a CB, a Midfield playmaker, a Striker....and a wildcard.

Del Peiro would be a terrific signing. We may have an edge over Sion and Sydney since we're in the CL and a player like him loves the big stage. It would be great for Hooper and Watt to learn from him. Apparently he only wants £25K a week and no transfer fee is required.

Del Piero could be a tough one to pull off. Spurs apparently interested, Sion are offering him £1m NET per year, Sydney are trying to lure him to Oz......he is apparently huge in Asian TV which is the other/main reason we are after him. We can make money from him as well as use him on the pitch!

Dedryck Boyata could be an option it seems. Man City are looking to loan him out and think very highly of him so don't want to sell but he needs the experience. Couldn't ask for better than us! He can play RB and CB.

Pav doesn't seem to be rumouring anywhere other than twitter so not sure about that one.

Midfield playmaker is a slightly strange one, we need one but no idea who we would get.

The wildcard could be Del Piero, or it could be some young prospect we are looking to bring in from some unknown country/team!

Defender wise, I think we could do with more than just a loan signing. Getting someone permanent would be preferable. Boly is going to be too expensive I feel, Yoshida could be a goer, it puts us back in the Asian/Japanese market as well which I think the club want to do but Ambrose to me seems like a really good option. Especially as bringing him in for less money than the other two could allow is to bring in an extra player.

Up front, I certainly wouldn't say no to Del Piero but still feel we need that big tall CF so someone like Kim Shin Wook or Leonard Kweuke would be ideal!

Midfield is a tricky one, there are so many potential options.......personally I still think the young Israeli Nir Biton would be a great addition. He looks creative, he's big, strong, athletic and could play numerous positions not only in midfield but even as a striker or a CB! Perhaps another winger would be useful!

So who are we going to get........can't wait to hear some concrete rumours as to who we are trying to sign.

Been busy tonight so haven't really been keeping tabs on twitter, although I did see Kenwyne Jones and Cristoph Berra getting a mention earlier. Both supposedly had medicals at Lennoxtown.
Probably a lot of pish :emoticon:17

Things are hotting up down south on the final day, lots of deals going to be done it seems.

Only rumours but a loan move for Sunderland's Connor Wickham is apparently a possibility......other than that.....all quiet up north! :(

Daryl Murphy has rejoined Ipswich on loan again!

Latest Celtic News