already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY?? | Page 10 | Vital Football

already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY??

Efe Ambrose is also very comfortable as a defensive midfielder.

We could do worse than deploying him and Wanyama as a defensive midfield 2 in our away CL games.

Scott Brown has a degenerative hip problem and Lenny is saying that he'll probably need to use Broony very sparingly, and likely only play him in European games. Broony's long term health is far more important, imo.

That sounds bad about Broony's hip. It's really too bad. He has finally come into his own as a player and he cannot stay fit. It's a skill he does not own.

Ambrose is essentially Wanyama....but Nigerian, a little taller and lankier and prefers CB to midfield.......haha! He is also comfortable at RB!

Wanyama and Ambrose holding midfielders, Ibrahim/Commons playing just in front and one of our now many strikers up top.

Brown's problem will require surgery but that will probably be left until after Christmas I would imagine. Until then he will do light training and only be used in CL games.....if that!

All in all, it looks like we have done some good business this summer.

Not sure what happened to a move for the Portuguese winger Barbosa but we also apparently bid £1.25m for Melikson (who we've been linked with before) who is an Israeli midfielder playing in Poland.

Can't wait to see our new bhoys in action now. The GK, Kamenar has been left out of our CL squad though.

No surprise at the 3rd goalie being left out as it would've been a waste of a squad place. Plus, we can easily draft in another goalie to the squad should injuries hit.

Maybe getting Miku cooled our interest in Barbosa?
First I've heard about the Israeli lad, tbh...

Just hope Broony is honest with himself and Lenny and doesn't aggravate things.

We didn't actually fill all 25 places in our CL list......we only filled 22 but there is list A and list B. List B is players who have been trained by the club for a period of 18months+ before their 21st birthday or something like that. You can add eligible players to that list up to 24 hours before any group game. It's basically any young players from the academy we need/want to include in a squad.
List A is your main list but 8 spaces are reserved for home grown players. So we filled all 17 places which meant there was no space left for Ibrahim or Kamenar. Of the 8 places for homegrown players, we filled 5; Brown, Mulgrew, Watt, McGeouch and I can only assume Commons counts towards this as well. James Forrest could have also been included on the list but was instead left on the B list along with Chalmers, Fraser and Twardzik. What reason there is to have Watt and McGeouch on the main list but not Forrest, Chalmers or Fraser.....I really don't know!

Not sure about the Barbosa one at all......looked a good player as well! Miku and Lassad seem similar players in that both can play out in wider positions I think but both are happy to come deep and collect the ball as well. I think that's why Lenny likes them because it should allow Hooper to stay up top and make the runs in behind players. It should set us up well if we can get it to work right!

I think Broony realises he has few options but to be up front about it, they are going to be watching him carefully to see how he gets on.

Cheers wee_od. I didn't check our CL list ( forgot to! )

The Forrest thing does seem a wee bit odd but I suppose it doesn't really matter which list he is on.

I'm sure Ibrahim is out injured anyway.

He has been injured recently. Really unfortunate because with all the other injuries we've had recently he would have been getting some game time. He looks an exciting player but he needs to keep fit and hopefully he should get much more time on the pitch this season whether in cup games or in the SPL.

It is a bit of a worry for him but if the injuries continue then he should at least get more time on the pitch than he did last season.

Latest Celtic News