already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY?? | Vital Football

already planning ahead.....Celtic? REALLY??

wee_od_88

Vital Football Hero
It seems John Park is already out and about looking for talent for next season!

With Polish CB Fojut on his way this summer already on a pre-contract and possible deals already in place for Forster and Brozek.....it's a real shock that we are even looking about at the moment!

Brozek has done nothing so far to suggest that we will offer him a contract, after all the fecking hype about him and he's done nothing because he hasn't even really had a chance! Forster we all expect to be done but there is apparently interest from England.....talks are currently ongoing between us, Newcastle and Forster's agents but what the hold up is.....nobody knows! It would point to Forster having an offer from down south or Newcastle considering keeping him....its difficult to know!

Oor welch has been claiming that Park has been eyeing up goalkeepers and that the chances of him being signed up permanently in the summer are looking slim. Zaluska has also been offered a new contract but has not yet signed....Cervi is out of contract and doesn't appear to be staying having failed to impress in his time here....all of this suggests welch is correct and we are eyeing up at least one new GK!

That GK in question is Dani Amos, 25 year old Israeli international GK who has helped his team to the top of the Israeli league this season with 18 clean sheets in 28 games and conceding only 13 goals all season.

Park was in Israel to watch the recent international friendly game in which Amos played and was also impressed by a midfielder. An attacking midfielder playing in only his 3rd international game despite being 27. Maor Melikson of Wisla Krakow in Poland has played 3 games and scored twice for Israel. He has 3 goals and 5 assists in 21 games this season, including games in Champions League qualification and the Europa League.....that is experience we could do with in the squad.

Having watched a video of him, he is like a smaller, more mobile Ki...his passing is good, he is not blessed with outstanding pace but he's no slouch either but he seems to have a knack of going past players and finding spaces. It says a lot that in many of the clips of him playing....he ends up getting fouled! lol. Not bad but the video didn't impress me enough to fork out around £2m for him....

Lot of stuff to ponder there. I saw Welch's post on FB but was too distracted at the time to comment.

Happy to hear that Park is out scouting. On the keeper situation, we need credible alternatives in place should it all go tits up with Forster. Pretty sure that Amos is just one of many on our radar and glad that our interest in him has been leaked.

Zaluska is a known quantity but I have to highlight his lack of ambition if he signs another contract with us. Celtic will be looking at it as being one less problem to deal with and I can totally understand that whilst not agreeing with it.

Cervi badly need replaced and has done for some time now!
Do you think we'll just promote a young keeper from within, wee_od, or bring another youngish one in?

Well having watched Amos, he is 25 at the moment so a good age but not experienced in Europe as far as I'm aware.....thats not always a problem obviously but some experience of Europe would be nice I think. Amos though is a complete MANIAC! I am not kidding.....he comes flying out of his box for any through balls, diving headers, slide tackles....doesn't matter, he just wants to make sure he gets that ball!

He throws himself at the ball to make saves and when it comes to making saves, he is very good! Very agile and just gets any part of his body on it that he can to stop the ball. There is one where he has to back-track to his goal for a long range shot.....he throws himself to get the ball and goes flying, face first into the post!!!!!

I find him a little too unpredictable myself but there is no doubt he is in great form at the moment!

I totally agree with you about Zaluska, he is a solid but not spectacular keeper. He could be first choice at any SPL club and probably a number of clubs around Europe but he isn't good enough to be no.1 for us! If he signs a new THREE year deal (still can't believe its as long as that) then in some ways I'll be happy because he is decent back-up but at the same time I would be thinking we can do better. Replacing him with someone like the other Israeli keeper, Ariel Harush who is only 22/23 would be my preference, but at the same time GKs need to play in order to get better and that's the problem with any GK we bring in as back-up!

Cervi I don't see being replaced by bringing someone in, I think our two young keepers, Thomson and Feely are considered good enough to take his place....not sure either has a future as a first team keeper for us but only time will tell!

The only other option might be if we find a young 19, 20 year old keeper who has had first team experience that we might want to bring in as our third in front of Thomson and Feely, someone like Wojciech Pawlowski who has played a few times for Lechia Gdansk in Poland. He's actually been so good he has kept his place in the team......12 games this season, including an international friendly for Poland U21s, 6 clean sheets and only conceded 9 goals.....all this for a team who are 13th out of 15 in the Polish league....wow!!!!!

Someone get me John Park's number......he needs to go have a look at this boy!

Why do I get the distinct impression that the ' planning ahead ' taking place within the corridors of power at CP right now is geared more towards plying our trade elsewhere .......... as I read elsewhere today ..... ' never interupt your enemies whilst they are making a mistake ' somethings afoot ........... :emoticon:69

We still may sign Forster. But it's smart to look elsewhere to pressure his agent and in case it falls through. I think Lenny and Park will be scouting at every position because there is a distinct possibility that we could get irrefusable offers for any of Ki, Sammy, Stokes, Hooper, Matthews, Forrest, Commons, Brown and even Izzy or Kayal. I think the latter two are likely to stay put until they prove fit and back in star form.

So if some of those players command crazy money from the EPL, having the cash is great but you still need to replace them. That's why Brozek has been signed. My guess is that Lenny has seen something in training but doesn't want to take Hooper, Stokes and Sammy off the pitch. it's working too well. I bet we see more of Brozek, Lustig and Blackman in league games as the title is sewn up. That gives us a look and rests the top players for cup competition. Hopefully we'll also see McGeough and marcus Fraser.

Agree welch, scouting other options is always a good idea, even if it comes to nothing, its good to have as an option. I think there could be a lot of interested teams for our players this summer. However, I don't think there are many that can really afford some of our players either, at least not in the EPL anyway! Sammy, Commons and Matthews are probably the only ones you mentioned that would go for less than £5m......not many EPL clubs will agree to pay out the money for a player from Scotland! All the EPL clubs have to adhere to the new financial fair play rules as well, that will tighten their budgets!

Not convinced about Brozek, I'm not sure he is showing as much as Lenny would like. He hasn't really done anything on the pitch so far but more importantly, he hasn't really had a chance on the pitch! Lenny seems more likely to bring on Commons or someone from the bench and push other players up than bring on Brozek....he can't just be struggling for fitness now can he?

I'd like to see more of Brozek, he needs a good chance to show what he can do. Lustig I think we will see more of and Blackman should get more games towards the end of the season as well! McGeouch, Fraser, Twardzik and possibly Jackson Irvine and possibly even Tony Watt might all get a little sniff towards the end of the season as well. More likely substitute appearances but you never know, McGeouch may get a start. I think Twardzik and McGeouch really need more games though, would be really good for them to get more time on the pitch. Fraser, having already played in the first would also REALLY benefit from some time, those are the three I'd like to see get some games most!

Well he is ready to sign a new deal and if we sign him up to that quickly, before the offers come in, they will have to be even bigger.....might scare a few off making a bid but we will see who is serious about him and we will get serious money for him!

I think he will be in heavy demand. EPL clubs are realizing that he was a much better buy than Carroll, who could hit the broad side of a barn if it was moving at him.

Carroll is prime example of a very expensive square peg being bought, with very little thought, by a club who play round hole football.

To put this in a bit of context Hooper wouldn't have got a game for Noocastle because their style of football, at that time, just wasn't suited to Hooper's game.

Think Chris Sutton during his time at Chelsea for a suitable comparison.

Carroll would be a great buy for the likes of Mon or Stoke or Wolves while McCarthy was boss. But who could afford to buy him unless Liverpool were prepared to accept a massive loss?

The reason I'm even mentioning any of this is because we've been scouring the world for years now trying to find a big, powerful striker who can attack the ball and score - regularly - via his heid in the box.

Think that about sums it up Tic! He just doesn't suit Liverpool! Hooper wouldn't suit too many teams either though I don't think! He's actually very like Hernandez at Man U, very similar styles. Nobody else in the EPL plays with a striker like that at the moment. That's not to say he wouldn't still fit in well somewhere but I guess he just isn't a natural replacement for anyone. Plenty of clubs need him though! Some teams have really struggled for goals this season!

As for our search for a big, powerful, in the box striker who can be a focal point of our attack, hold up the ball, score a decent number of goals a season and importantly, be able to HEID the ball.....I've come up with at least two good suggestions.....how many has John Park and our scouting network come up with??? haha! I'm better than all of them! And I want a new job! GIMME ONE!

Ha! True, though mate!

I'd make you chief scout :emoticon:43

In many ways we're lucky to have Hoops and Stokes with us at the same period in time. Having two strikers who both score with relative ease on a regular basis is something that a lot of Celtic teams over the years have really struggled to achieve. So, I'm certainly grateful for what we already have.

But what price could you put on a player like Carroll playing beside a Hoops or Stokes when you see the sheer number of fantastic deliveries into the box that we are currently unable to take advantage of?

It's not just a couple of our players who can deliver these balls either - we've half a team full of them.

Exactly Tic, that's what annoys me and that's why I feel we need this sort of striker to add (not replace) to the squad......so many technically good players who can play fantastic balls into the box....yet we aren't even getting close with so many. Sometimes it's our only way through toward goal because of the way the opposition play against us but it doesn't work because nobody can make moves in the box and get free and actually get on the end of them......

Sammy is fine when it comes to knocking a high ball up the pitch, but he just doesn't know how to do it in the box! He doesn't have the control in the air, balls just kind of bounce off him when he jumps up for them....that's all! lol.

We are chasing a £20m rated, 21 year old striker for next season.............

Calm down lads! haha. It's just a loan move! We are keeping tabs on Benfica's 21 year old Paraguayan international striker, Lorenzo Melgarejo who is currently on loan to another Portuguese team. He has apparently been scoring goals for fun but 9 goals in 22 games isn't that great a return in my opinion, and has attracted a lot of interest. The £20m price tag is to keep possible buyers well away! Everton and Hannover are also said to be interested in taking him on loan next season. It will be up to the coach but it is thought they may let him go out and gain more experience again, especially to a club who will be playing in European competition.

according to reports oan talk sport,celtic were so desperategg ti get inti the minglish league they were gooin to go in at the third div.i hopegg ti fuck this was not true.desperategg ?

Was hearing about us apparently going into League One......everyone knows we are a premiership standard team.

People need to face facts, any stories about us going to England are a load of pish, it WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!

Peter Lawell has already said as much and he has said that the most likely option for Celtic is to move into a European League which they were continuing discussions with other teams on.

Apparently, the club is looking at Tranmere Rovers defender Danny Holmes. Liverpool is ,too, but his agent indicated celtic is abetter option.

23 year old defender, having a good season but I'd be wary of taking him....besides, do we honestly need him??? Fojut coming in the summer, Rogne has had a cracking season since his return I think, Mulgrew is now more or less a CB and a good one at that and then we have Kilson who may or may not be favoured anymore and Lustig who can apparently play there and then we have our young CBs coming through who I think after our run in and some chances in the team, could be ready to step in when required!

His agent said Celtic were a better option than Liverpool but wants him to go somewhere where he will get regular football so Celtic is again probably out of contention.

Latest Celtic News