Allow Fans to Attend all Matches Petition | Page 2 | Vital Football

Allow Fans to Attend all Matches Petition

There seems to be a selfish minority who refuse to behave - don’t wear masks don’t social distance dont care if they get it. They are buggering it up for us all. don’t think this would have happened in the past - this I do what I want entitlement seems the byproduct of modern Britain. It is a really ugly trait and it is costing us.

if you look at other countries they have been far disciplined it has not impacted them so much. What image does idiots in Liverpool or Soho at 10pm give the rest of the world - not a favourable one.

very sad, probably a good job the Great has been removed in usage from the term Great Britain as we don’t deserve it.

Thought we played well yesterday and fully deserved our point !
Really good football at times yesterday with a well drilled defence
Everyone to a man looks incredibly at ease on the ball and
I watched the Fleetwood Hull game last week and think we’re better than both of them
It’s still early days but this could be a team to be around the top 6 at the end of the season
Uti

There seems to be a selfish minority who refuse to behave - don’t wear masks don’t social distance dont care if they get it. They are buggering it up for us all. don’t think this would have happened in the past - this I do what I want entitlement seems the byproduct of modern Britain. It is a really ugly trait and it is costing us.

if you look at other countries they have been far disciplined it has not impacted them so much. What image does idiots in Liverpool or Soho at 10pm give the rest of the world - not a favourable one.

very sad, probably a good job the Great has been removed in usage from the term Great Britain as we don’t deserve it.

How did we earn it in the first place .... large parts of our 'esteemed' History is cringeworthy bordering on embarrassing to absolute downright shameful?

How did we earn it in the first place .... large parts of our 'esteemed' History is cringeworthy bordering on embarrassing to absolute downright shameful?

As I understand it the island began to be called Great Britain simply for geographical reasons. 'Greater' Britain was used to distinguish it from 'Lesser' Britain - what we now know as Brittany.

A parallel would be the old name of that town in north east Lincolnshire which was known as Great Grimsby to distinguish it from a place near Louth called Little Grimsby, and therefore nothing to do with how marvellous a place it is.

As I understand it the island began to be called Great Britain simply for geographical reasons. 'Greater' Britain was used to distinguish it from 'Lesser' Britain - what we now know as Brittany.

A parallel would be the old name of that town in north east Lincolnshire which was known as Great Grimsby to distinguish it from a place near Louth called Little Grimsby, and therefore nothing to do with how marvellous a place it is.

Yep I always believed it was a geographical term In relation to the nations within it collectively known as ‘Great’ when mentioned all together
That said I wasn’t the sharpest at school so could be wrong and I tend to forget more than I remember

Yep I always believed it was a geographical term In relation to the nations within it collectively known as ‘Great’ when mentioned all together

Well, properly speaking Great Britain is simply the name of the island no matter what nations may be located there.

I visited Brittany this summer on a last minute camping holiday, and it was bloody lovely .... maybe its time for a swap?

Politicians are bent - all sides of the house. The current ruling party have on countless times shown this.

Boris Johnson is a cretin - there are people in his own party who would not vote for him.

I do fear for this country it is a mess and I fear it is going to get worse. There will be social discord far worse then anything seen before and the hypocrisy and apparent inequity of the management of CV-19 will cause it.

Total agreement with all of the above . well said that man

What really, and I mean really, annoys and angers me, is the people going on about how they aren't going to follow the rules.

I work in the care industry, so have been on the front line since right from the start, and it isn't easy.

I think people would have been more understanding towards the rules, if those who set the rules hadn’t of had such blatant disregard towards them and without all the inconsistencies.
It is hell, but keep tweeting about how the restrictions etc are harsh and so on...

I’ve found this period of working in my line of care the quietest it’s ever been for me.. interesting to see the effect of the virus on different lines of health care.

I think people will have been more understanding of the rules if they were consistent and those that set that, didn’t have such blatant disregard for them.

Last edited: