Alli's injury. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Alli's injury.

But we are also competing with the players' representative saying 'Go to Leicester and you'll get more game time' and clubs like Liverpool offering much higher wages for players who are bench warmers from the off.

The biggest disappointment for me was Maddison though. There arent going to be many home-grown players that I think could step in and cover Eriksen. But what can you do if the player knows he will get more PL game-time at a club like Leicester? Young players and their teams have their careers mapped out from a very early stage. It was a good move for Maddison to go to Leicester because in a couple of years time Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal will pay big money to get him.

I'm not having that mate because me and I think two other people were posting that the club should have a punt on Maddison when he was at Coventry ditto Robertson and Maguire at Hull. We are slow over cautious and weirdly reactive when scouting in the lower prem championship and EFL. Something is not right. We are missing some obvious stuff, just as the issues with the world cup players smacks of negligence.

I'm not having that mate because me and I think two other people were posting that the club should have a punt on Maddison when he was at Coventry ditto Robertson and Maguire at Hull. We are slow over cautious and weirdly reactive when scouting in the lower prem championship and EFL. Something is not right. We are missing some obvious stuff, just as the issues with the world cup players smacks of negligence.

Robertson was so obvious, most suited full back to our system.

We should have been on it as soon as Hull went down.

But doesnt the point still stand that he was advised to go somewhere he was guaranteed to get into the starting 11? I'm not for one second saying he wouldnt have with us, because I think he would have played a lot for us this season, but it all depends on how he is being managed.

I'm firmly with you on the subject of us being slow and over-cautious with transfers. Dele was a complete break in the mould. Poch has always been extremely lacking in the transfer department and as he has been given more and more control he has started to take less and less risks.

But doesnt the point still stand that he was advised to go somewhere he was guaranteed to get into the starting 11? I'm not for one second saying he wouldnt have with us, because I think he would have played a lot for us this season, but it all depends on how he is being managed.

I'm firmly with you on the subject of us being slow and over-cautious with transfers. Dele was a complete break in the mould. Poch has always been extremely lacking in the transfer department and as he has been given more and more control he has started to take less and less risks.

Why would Robertson be a stater at pool automatically ?

Only out till March....

So him and Kane will miss

Semi of league cup
Potential final
CL
FA Cup with Palace
Arsenal and Chelsea in league

makes the other league games much more difficult

Season could be done by the time they are back

Only out till March....

So him and Kane will miss

Semi of league cup
Potential final
CL
FA Cup with Palace
Arsenal and Chelsea in league

makes the other league games much more difficult

Season could be done by the time they are back

Or not.

But we are also competing with the players' representative saying 'Go to Leicester and you'll get more game time' and clubs like Liverpool offering much higher wages for players who are bench warmers from the off.

The biggest disappointment for me was Maddison though. There arent going to be many home-grown players that I think could step in and cover Eriksen. But what can you do if the player knows he will get more PL game-time at a club like Leicester? Young players and their teams have their careers mapped out from a very early stage. It was a good move for Maddison to go to Leicester because in a couple of years time Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal will pay big money to get him.

I get where you are coming from and do partially agree. My main point was just from the top of my head there are players available for decent transfer fee's who would do a decent job for us.

It just makes you wonder what the hell our transfer committee watch as there are plenty of decent players around for good money. We are not the only club in the world that signs players and at times the club and our fans act the victim far too often regarding our strategy.

If Poch really does believe we can't sign anyone good enough for a reasonable transfer fee then he really isn't the brightest. Or he and others are not trying hard enough.

I get we are not in the big elite group but we still pay reasonable money on transfers and wages now.

Fewer games until May with most returning in 5 weeks. Fresher.

Next few weeks we are playing twice a week with little or no turn around.

this week alone

Thursday/Sunday/Wed/early kick off Saturday

then week off

Sat/Tues/Sat

We are lucky our defenders are coming back from injury.

Makes sense to be as hard to beat as possible and start using players like N'kou, Lucas that can help us on the counter attack.

We don't have the technical ability in the final third now so new tactics are needed.