Alli wants to make history.. | Vital Football

Alli wants to make history..

Spursex

Alert Team
By Jack Wilkinson

Dele Alli challenges Tottenham to create history in new stadium
Watch Liverpool vs Tottenham live on Renault Super Sunday from 4.15pm on Sky Sports Premier League (KO 4.30pm)

Last Updated: 28/03/19 7:47pm
Dele Alli has challenged his Tottenham team-mates to "create history" after an awe-inspiring first visit to the club's new stadium.

Spurs' first team will finally get the chance to play at the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the first time on April 3 against Crystal Palace, as long as Sunday's second test event passes without incident.

From state of the art beer dispensers in Europe's longest bar, cashless transactions and the phasing out of single-use plastic - the lowdown on Tottenham's new home

Alli gave Sky Sports reporter Patrick Davison a guided tour around the £1billion, 62,062-seat stadium, a venue the England international believes elevates Spurs as a club and lays the foundations for success.

"It still has the same feeling of when I was playing at White Hart Lane," Alli said. "It's amazing and we're all very excited, we've been waiting for this for a long time. It's finally come.
"There were a lot of memories at White Hart Lane, hopefully we can make some better ones here. You never know what is going to happen in football, but we definitely feel the club is heading [in the right direction].
Tottenham's U18 team are the first players to grace the new stadium as Sky Sports News witnesses its grand opening to some very emotional fans.

"We're getting better as a team and we have to keep doing that. We've got some great young players and an amazing manager. We're all enjoying playing together and we want to try and create history."
Spurs were on the coattails Manchester City and Liverpool last month but three defeats in four brought their title challenge to an end and dragged them into the battle to finish in the top four.

It feels like Christmas. It’s like coming home again. It’s amazing for the fans, it shows what a great club we are and where we are heading.

Dele Alli on Tottenham's new stadium
Alli believes Tottenham's long-awaited return home could give the club a timely boost as they look to end the season on a high.
"We've had a few tough games and results, so maybe a change is what we needed at this point of the season," he added.

March 31, 2019, 4:15pm

Live on
Sky-Sports-Logo.svg

Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass
"It's a difficult point of the season, every game is massive, and you've got to get as many points as you can. Hopefully we can make a positive end in this stadium."
From the 65-metre Goal Line Bar, which features state of the art beer dispensers, to the 17,500-capacity 'Kop' style South Stand, the bespoke features of Tottenham's new home have left rival fans envious, and Alli inspired.

"It's great for the fans, all the facilities and bars, that's a great touch," the 22-year-old said

"The changing room is a big plus, we will spend a lot of time in there and hopefully there will be a lot of great memories in there and out on the field.

"This stand behind the goal [the South Stand], I can't wait to see that full and hopefully score in front of it.

Love the emphasis on beer and the length of bars in this piece that can’t even get the day right of the 2 nd test event .
The standard of journalism is really hitting rock bottom Good to see though that the £1 billion figure still gets an airing

Typical Spurs players. All talk, no heart and soul. No real pride in the badge. Only when they score.

Surely all our players can’t have just checked out.

Lloris — good keeper, poor footballer
Rose- not sure what to expect week to week
Verts- probably the only consistent
Toby- head turned and operating at below his level
Trippier- England quality, enough said.
Dier- Dire
Sissoko- a few good games then back to himself
Ali- so much hype, too much shite.
Eriksen- I’m unsure where he’s gone. Haven’t seen him this year
Lamela- was coming good after injury, or so I thought
Son - the son does not always shine in England. Been dull for too long
Kane- he’ll do nothing then score. He’s a tap. Hot n cold

One common denominator- Poch.

For Dele...it unfortunately has become more about 'him' then the 'game/Spurs'...

Everyone needs to stop talking and start executing, or they can naff off.

Not enough substance to go with all the talk unfortunately.
Sometimes wish I’d let my kids choose another team to support.
Their just going through all of he shit I’ve had over 50 odd years.