Alli still injured? | Vital Football

Alli still injured?

Spursex

Alert Team
Dele Alli failed to feature in either England friendly, with Southgate suggesting he had struggled in training “with a little injury problem” over the 10-day get-together. “But he’s an important player for us, no question,” said the manager, who must submit his provisional squad for the World Cup by 14 May. “We wanted to get Adam Lallana on as an important part of his rehabilitation. Dele always wants to play. He’s disappointed with that, but he’s a really good player and an important member of the squad for us.”

Southgate said he couldn't train properly , so why was he there and not back our training ground getting whatever treatment that might help the problem , or is it something he had been carrying for a while which might explain his sometimes below par games

Walthamstow wanderer - 28/3/2018 12:18

Southgate said he couldn't train properly , so why was he there and not back our training ground getting whatever treatment that might help the problem , or is it something he had been carrying for a while which might explain his sometimes below par games

probably we agreed with England physio's what he could and couldn't do beforehand - but Southgate still wanted him to be part of the squad - which would indicate he's on the plane.

I bloody hate international football. It's good that Southgate didnt play him if the injury is still a problem but why on earth did Dele go if he wasnt fit?!

Matic - 28/3/2018 12:36

I bloody hate international football. It's good that Southgate didnt play him if the injury is still a problem but why on earth did Dele go if he wasnt fit?!

Unfit players that are deemed to be a stable part of your longer term plan are often called in, just to be a part of the squad...assuming that is Southgate's thinking, I'd have insisted he turn up as well..as he can still be part of the tactical talks/formation etc..

The pessimist in me can see how that approach could have a negative impact on a players mentality though. Dele wants to play but cant, he'll watch another player do well in his role and see positive press about that player being a better choice for that role. He's having a proper rollercoaster of a season and if I were Poch I would have wanted him to stay back, train and support him. I know why Dele and his advisors will want him at the England camp though.

Spursex - 28/3/2018 08:59

Dele Alli failed to feature in either England friendly...

Alli came on as a sub in the 68th minute against Holland. Hardly memorable cameo I know, but he took part. I did notice that he seemed to hold back in tackles and didn't over-exert himself tracking back. Pretty pointless playing him if carrying a knock and Southgate already knows what Alli has to offer. Would have been better all round to give someone on the fringes a run out.

The real reason why Alli was benched: http://www.football365.com/news/southgate-challenges-immature-dele-alli-grow

And maybe this helps explain a lot about his form and behaviour.

Dele Alli, whose form has dipped to the extent he is no longer a certainty to start for England at the World Cup, seems to have lacked guidance off the pitch since he split with experienced agent Robert Segal at the start of the season. The Tottenham star, who now has a range of advisers including his best friend Harry Hickford, doesn't have someone keeping an eye on him on a daily basis as Segal used to.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5555391/FA-begin-hunt-replace-gaffe-prone-chief-executive-Martin-Glenn.html#ixzz5B8spQ9OR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I am worried about what goes on inside his head at times. Of course you don't want to squash all his tricks and flicks, but there is a time and a place. We have started counting the nutmegs he does rather than his assists

Big Chiv - 29/3/2018 13:48

And maybe this helps explain a lot about his form and behaviour.

Dele Alli, whose form has dipped to the extent he is no longer a certainty to start for England at the World Cup, seems to have lacked guidance off the pitch since he split with experienced agent Robert Segal at the start of the season. The Tottenham star, who now has a range of advisers including his best friend Harry Hickford, doesn't have someone keeping an eye on him on a daily basis as Segal used to.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5555391/FA-begin-hunt-replace-gaffe-prone-chief-executive-Martin-Glenn.html#ixzz5B8spQ9OR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Maturity and experience - contrast this with Dembele's comments about NOT even consider dealing with contract issues mid-season because it can cause a big distraction.....

Once again, our agent friends have put money before career...

I'm sure Poch is doing all he can to keep Dele focused but it was obvious that this agent stuff was going to be a problem from the first time we heard about it. In support of Dele he has had a lot of negative media attention this year and I wouldnt blame him for being a bit all over the place mentally, but most of the attention is for things that could have been avoided e.g - diving, Blowigate.

He needs to mature, but we all know that and we've heard it said a thousand times.

blowigate hahaha

Harry Hickford's dad was always his business advisor and co-owner of Dele's company.

and didn't Segal go bankrupt for non payment of tax or something? Don't blame Dele for parting ways with him. Can't trust a man to be in your business if he can't even keep his own in order.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-che-tot-pochettino/cut-alli-some-slack-says-pochettino-idUKKBN1H60DG?rpc=401&

Cut Alli some slack, says Pochettino

Reuters Staff

2 Min Read

(Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino says people should remember that midfielder Dele Alli is only 21-years-old and that while he has failed to reach the heights of last season he has a bright future ahead for club and country.
Soccer Football - FA Cup Quarter Final - Swansea City vs Tottenham Hotspur - Liberty Stadium, Swansea, Britain - March 17, 2018 Tottenham's Dele Alli applauds fans after the match Action Images via Reuters/Andrew Couldridge

Alli has scored only six times in 29 Premier League appearances for Spurs this campaign and his place in England’s World Cup team is far from certain after playing 22 minutes of two friendlies against the Netherlands and Italy this month.

He scored 18 league goals last season.

But Pochettino said Alli, who was nursing a slight groin problem during the international window, would get all the support he needed to achieve his goals.

“I have full confidence in him and his talent and because I know him - he is a great kid and a very good person,” Pochettino told reporters.

“But he is young. He is 21. If you compare with normal people on the street who are 21, they are still living at home with their parents, they are still at university doing stupid things.

“We are going to help him because he is a talented player and a great kid. And he has done a lot for us and the club.”

Tottenham, currently fourth in the league, are hoping to extend their five-point advantage over fifth-placed Chelsea when the teams meet at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Reporting by Hardik Vyas in Bengaluru; Editing by Peter Rutherford