All VAR Discussions Here Please | Page 4 | Vital Football

All VAR Discussions Here Please

The best thing we can do at this stage is call a meeting with the other big 4 European Leagues and other guests and discuss the possibility of boycotting the World Cup in Qatar. Put the human rights issue at the forefront of any discussion and stick these secondary topics like how the rules have negatively evolved and are being poorly implemented, governed etc. Openly publish the minutes and allow the footballing world to read them.

My guess is that Spain, Italy, Germany and France have very similar thoughts on the 1200 deaths and would be willing to discuss the other topics if positioned correctly and proactively.

Sadly, I can't see it; even we maybe faced with a human moral dilemma at our own club soon - the sponsorship World is still rife with rumours that Qatar will be doing a sponsorship deal with us this season for the stadium or perhaps specific competitions etc....

What do we do then?

The best thing we can do at this stage is call a meeting with the other big 4 European Leagues and other guests and discuss the possibility of boycotting the World Cup in Qatar. Put the human rights issue at the forefront of any discussion and stick these secondary topics like how the rules have negatively evolved and are being poorly implemented, governed etc. Openly publish the minutes and allow the footballing world to read them.

My guess is that Spain, Italy, Germany and France have very similar thoughts on the 1200 deaths and would be willing to discuss the other topics if positioned correctly and proactively.

Barca are well and truly on the Qatar money train.

Sadly, I can't see it; even we maybe faced with a human moral dilemma at our own club soon - the sponsorship World is still rife with rumours that Qatar will be doing a sponsorship deal with us this season for the stadium or perhaps specific competitions etc....

What do we do then?

It's a great point. I said it was the best thing and would probably be the right thing to do. However, not what the big 5 leagues will have the minerals to do.

Is it starting to feel like Qatar is picking one club per major European league and getting involved?

England women have a good goal ruled out for offside because half the strikers foot was offside when she received the ball.

The offside law has GOT to be changed , both of the strikers feet need to be offside or something to that effect, no unfair advantage is being gained by a toe being offside, in fact players with big feet are being unfairly penalised.

Fucking VAR is a joke.

Imagine a girl with big tits being given offside for her chest protruding over the line. I did notice some good chest downs, they have an advantage there....more cushioning. Our girl Bright had the biggest tits, not that I went into the game looking at them of course.

VAR missed a penalty though. They chose not to review it way before the second one came along. There's no excuses on that one. It's down to people again, not technology.

Imagine a girl with big tits being given offside for her chest protruding over the line. I did notice some good chest downs, they have an advantage there....more cushioning. Our girl Bright had the biggest tits, not that I went into the game looking at them of course.

There are quite a few tits playing for the England men's team and some big pricks as well, so where do you stand on this aspect with regards to VAR?

It's the whole concept of a toenail, tit, or ponytail being in an 'offside' position that is now being used as a good enough excuse to rule out a goal that is utter, utter shit.

No striker in the world can have ever planned to gain an unfair advantage by the forensically tiny margins that offside is now being judged by and equally no defence can ever be so well drilled that these tiny body parts are caught offside, so the whole fucking thing comes down to pure chance.

You're probably more a leg man!

England women have a good goal ruled out for offside because half the strikers foot was offside when she received the ball.

The offside law has GOT to be changed , both of the strikers feet need to be offside or something to that effect, no unfair advantage is being gained by a toe being offside, in fact players with big feet are being unfairly penalised.

Fucking VAR is a joke.
A goal will not be given if the ball is one miilimetre ON the line , same with throw ins . The WHOLE of the ball HAS to be over the line .
Yet micro seconds and millimetres are now being used to deny the whole purpose of the game . Using skill and cleverness to score a goal .
Can someone please explain to me where the benefit of doubt has gone . Where did it disappear to . When did offside become this ridiculous situation . The law says if you are LEVEL you are NOT OFFSIDE . Since when does a big toe being one millimetre to far forward not make you level ( sorry about the stupid examples , but we all know what I mean ) .
Offside has to mean that the whole body is in front , not someone’s nipple or shoelace (here I go again).
:taz::rant:
.its a World Cup semi final and Phil Neville agrees that it WAS OFFSIDE ! What the Fuck . He had the perfect opportunity to bring the whole stupid VAR argument back into ridiculousness and make me and Chiv happy again ! And what did he do . Agreed with it . I would be going mad

Last edited:
A goal will not be given if the ball is one miilimetre ON the line , same with throw ins . The WHOLE of the ball HAS to be over the line .
Yet micro seconds and millimetres are now being used to deny the whole purpose of the game . Using skill and cleverness to score a goal .
Can someone please explain to me where the benefit of doubt has gone . Where did it disappear to . When did offside become this ridiculous situation . The law says if you are LEVEL you are NOT OFFSIDE . Since when does a big toe being one millimetre to far forward not make you level ( sorry about the stupid examples , but we all know what I mean ) .
Offside has to mean that the whole body is in front , not someone’s nipple or shoelace (here I go again).
.its a World Cup semi final and Phil Neville agrees that it WAS OFFSIDE ! What the Fuck . He had the perfect opportunity to bring the whole stupid VAR argument back into ridiculousness and make me and Chiv happy again ! And what did he do . Agreed with it . I would be going mad

Better managers than him will hopefully have their say next season when the PL is ruined.

I hate VAR

Off sides like last need to be a “umpires call” and it wasn’t a pen.

The PL are rolling back on how they use it as they know it will be a joke.

BTW, not sure Neville was saying anything other than it balances itself out over the tournament. They've all been coached in being camera friendly :-)

However, I agree with you on your point. The really mad thing is that they now have the technology and can adjust the settings. They could easily say that offside is when the technology shows the attacker a clear 30cms ahead of the defender based on the captured image when the ball is kicked.

Common sense isn't their forte though.

Cricket had it just about right . It has to be a limited amount of appeals and the “ umpires call “ is tantamount to perfect
Umpire's call is there because the system isn't 100% perfect. Just as drawing lines on a pitch for off-side isn't going to be 100% accurate (e.g. a bit of heat haze and the image is distorted). They have to introduce a margin of error for these cases.

Refs are an endangered species.....
How right you are greavesie .
I trained for years to become a carpenter and bought every tool known to man . I bought a new front door recently without going out to a store(online!....... As they call it .) and it turned up the next week , all assembled with everything on it , and all I needed was to drill 8 holes for 8 screws and the job was done . No painting . Nothing ..... Nothing else to do .
Another endangered species , a carpenter .
I never knew I had so much in common with Mike Dean !

VAR strikes again . How could that be seen as deliberate handball . The ref was in a good position to see what was happening so how could it be seen as clear and obvious .
There is going to be carnage in the PL if this continues.