All time goalkeepers | Vital Football

All time goalkeepers

I would propose, unless anyone has a good argument for any of the others, to put only two forward. Does anyone know of any of the older keepers, as I don't have a scooby.

But I'd say

Jimmy Rimmer
Nigel Spink

The ones since, really haven't done enough to warrant being all time greats surely? As good as Bosnich was, and he was, is he up there as well? League Cup final and over 100 appearances, so we can if you wish.

Saw them all bar Nigel Sims , but the 2 you have nominated will be tops for me and I couldn't really separate them.

Jimmy Rimmer
Nigel Spink
Mark Bosnich

Any others who have made over 100 appearances or who have won something that should be on the list?

For me, it's between Bosnich and Friedel.

Bosnich was a very good keeper and great shoot stopper. Unfortunately, his erratic kicking let him down.

Friedel came to us towards the end of his career but even then he oozed class and his great all-round keeping inspired confidence throughout the team which for me is an essential element of a team and any goalkeeper that can earn your team around an extra 10-12 points a season is a priceless asset.

Therefore my number 1 would easily be Brad Friedel.

Friedel, good keeper, no doubt, but really can't see he would be one for an all time 11 team of Villans?

Colin Withers the same, or you think he should be on the list?

I actually thought Sorensen was absolutely dreadful. He made so many poor errors (Birmingham City away just one immediate example) and couldn't command his area well at all.

Agree on Brad, very good keeper but in the scheme of things he's not a contender for top spot.

Rimmer , Spink and Bozzie for me.

Bozzie was a great keeper and great personality. He won our last 2 real trophies (god that is awful when you say it like that) in 94 and 96, and we've not won a thing since he left.

Rimmer was a bit before my time but understand he was a great keeper and obviously won us the league and played most of the Euro campaign.

Spink... just for the one game really!

Hard to choose 2 from that 3 it really is.

The Boz is the best Villa keeper I've ever seen. Everyone since him has been a much of a muchness.

Bozzie was a better keeper but agree with 57 Spinky was a magnificent servant and won THE club trophy.

Bozzie was better than Spink & Rimmer for me, yes his kicking was crap but some of his saves were outstanding. Dont think we would have won the cup in 94 without his performances on the way to the final, and the semi shoot out! He was the difference