All time fantasy greatest XI | Vital Football

All time fantasy greatest XI

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Me and my boy have been playing this game. You've got to pick an all-star greatest eleven but you can only pick one player from any particular nation. We also added a rule that we couldn't both have the same individual in our teams.

He wants to know which team you lot think would win, team A or team B? And we both want to hear your suggestions for other best XIs.

Team A:
GK: Lev Yashin (Soviet Union/Russia)
RB: Trent Alexander-Arnold (England)
CB: Virgil Van Dijk (Holland)
CB: Sergio Ramos (Spain)
LB: Paulo Maldini (Italy)
CDM: N'Golo Kante (France)
RM: Lionel Messi (Argentina)
LM: George Best (Northern Ireland)
CAM: Eusebio (Portugal)
CF: Pele (Brazil)
CF: Hristo Stoichkov (Bulgaria)

Team B:
GK: Neville Southall (Wales)
RB: Lilian Thuram (France)
CB: Franz Beckenbauer (Germany)
CB: Bobby Moore (England)
LB: Ronald Koeman (Holland)
CDM: Roy Keane (Rep. of Ireland)
LM: Maradona (Argentina)
RM: Garrincha (Brazil)
CAM: Roberto Baggio (Italy)
CF: Kenny Dalglish (Scotland)
CF: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)

Last edited:
I reckon a 2-2 draw. 😁

Seriously, those are two great looking teams. I'd have to go for team B simply because it has three of my top 5 players of all time, team A has one.

I'll leave it to you to guess who the four are and the one who's missing 😉

I'm going to stick my neck out and guess that B is your team?

I expect team A would win, simply because there are only 3 defensive players on each side, and team A have the more modern variety, so would be harder better faster stronger than team B, despite Bobby Moore basically being my favourite ever defender.

I expect team A would win, simply because there are only 3 defensive players on each side, and team A have the more modern variety, so would be harder better faster stronger than team B, despite Bobby Moore basically being my favourite ever defender.
Bobby Moore was a great player, but he has been dead for 27 years.

Team A has the guys to play pretty footy and breakaway with just the keeper to beat, but Team B has a goalie more than capable of stopping that sort of malarkey, just ask Tony Cascarino.

Team B victory, on account of their industrious make-up and talent for getting away with handling infractions in the opposition`s penalty area.

It would end up Team A's attack v Team B's defence. Team B would rely on Maradonna breakaways and he'd totally bamboozle TAA.