All time AVFC wingers | Page 3 | Vital Football

All time AVFC wingers

ever had?????????? Do you mean since about 2008?
He's got a better goals per game ratio than most of the strikers that were mentioned in the top 10. He's got more assists per game than most of these players listed in best wingers. He worked hard and tracked back. For me he is without a doubt the best attacker we have had in the premier league era, and I would argue he would be put forward as the best attacking player of all time for us in his peak.

He's got a better goals per game ratio than most of the strikers that were mentioned in the top 10. He's got more assists per game than most of these players listed in best wingers. He worked hard and tracked back. For me he is without a doubt the best attacker we have had in the premier league era, and I would argue he would be put forward as the best attacking player of all time for us in his peak.

I loved Ashley Young, was my favourite player of the MON era alongside Laursen. But he's a million miles away from being our best attacking player of all time. Yorke would be our best attacking player of the PL era as well.

I loved Ashley Young, was my favourite player of the MON era alongside Laursen. But he's a million miles away from being our best attacking player of all time. Yorke would be our best attacking player of the PL era as well.
Yorke pre-96 when he played in Young's position was nowhere near Young's standard. Young at his peak was unplayable. He was consistently in the top five of league assists with only the likes of Gabby and Carew (who I love but is hardly a world class striker) ahead of him.

Yorke was a top striker and if he wasnt such an epic knob to this football club would have gone down in history for us.

Yorke pre-96 when he played in Young's position was nowhere near Young's standard. Young at his peak was unplayable. He was consistently in the top five of league assists with only the likes of Gabby and Carew (who I love but is hardly a world class striker) ahead of him.

Yorke was a top striker and if he wasnt such an epic knob to this football club would have gone down in history for us.

Well Yorke was being played out of position on the wing, when he played as a striker he was a different player and went on to win everything in club football.
Not sure if you saw our wingers pre football being invented in 92, but there were at least 2 or 3 I'd rate above Young.
All about opinions, but I think you may be on your own with this one.

Ah maybe so and maybe my memory fails me. I just remember watching Young and thinking, wow, we have never had a winger or striker with this much talent. Games like Villa 3-2 Everton and the 5-1 thrashing just to name a couple, he really was unplayable. World class in his peak Young was.

Submitted list:

Peter McParland (Left)
Tony Morley (Left)
Mark Walters (Left)
Harry Burrows (Left)
Willie Anderson (Left)
Jack Grealish (Left and central)

Ashley Young (Right - and left!)
Tony Daley (Right, but sometimes left)

Jimmy McEwan (Right)
Ray Graydon (Right)

Charlie Athersmith