All time 11 - midfielders & strikers | Page 9 | Vital Football

All time 11 - midfielders & strikers

I bet Angel reads the Wesley thread and thinks thank fcuk I am not there now.

Didn't he go 5 months without scoring when he arrived.

He wouldn't have survived if he did that with us now.

I remember him getting pelted by the media constantly. I've seen a couple of interviews with him and also John Gregory talking about the hard time he had adjusting when he arrived. He was basically dropped in a hotel and that was about it. All the while his pregnant wife was back home in hospital seriously ill. I remember the roar when he finally scored against Coventry, a cracking goal as well.

I remember him getting pelted by the media constantly. I've seen a couple of interviews with him and also John Gregory talking about the hard time he had adjusting when he arrived. He was basically dropped in a hotel and that was about it. All the while his pregnant wife was back home in hospital seriously ill. I remember the roar when he finally scored against Coventry, a cracking goal as well.

Yes I imagine he did but still nowhere near what he would get today with the twatters and keyboard warriors nowadays.

Im going to bottle it and go Brian Little and Andy Gray ( the first time) as first equal.
My favourites though were Andy Lochead and Peter Withe.
Best striker partnership? Little and Gray? Deano and Dalian, Dion and Julian, Carew and err Carew,Savo and Yorkie. Withe and Shaw for me.

Best striker partnership? Little and Gray? Deano and Dalian, Dion and Julian, Carew and err Carew,Savo and Yorkie. Withe and Shaw for me.
The stand out phrase in your post JP is partnership. We havent really had a good partnership for a while now, rather relying on a sole striker plus odd and sods from others.

Sorry, I see your point re partnership. No. Just my two best strikers to watch.

I bet Angel reads the Wesley thread and thinks thank fcuk I am not there now.

Didn't he go 5 months without scoring when he arrived.

He wouldn't have survived if he did that with us now.
I believe you are misunderstanding the the anti Weskey posts. They are not about his goals scored but that he does'nt show any signs of becoming a competent striker.

I believe you are misunderstanding the the anti Weskey posts. They are not about his goals scored but that he does'nt show any signs of becoming a competent striker.

No bud.
Not misunderstanding at all. My recollection was Angel was as bad , if not worse than Wesley when he first arrived.
The passage of time and one very decent season misguides the Angel villa legend argument in my humble.

Only contributed 18 months at the start of the last decade, but been nobody to touch him since. When he and Downing left we started falling, badly; the departure of Milner the previous year had already cost us.

He was brilliant for us while here, cant blame him for wanting to move on and win things.
Fans are hypocritical with these loyalty claims. We throw bucket loads of abuse at players who leave us as they want a successful career, yet we are quick to say get rid of players we dont rate.