All Professional Football suspended Until April | Page 8 | Vital Football

All Professional Football suspended Until April

This is interesting

Clubs considering 'nuclear option' of group administration - report https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...70#ICID=Android_NottinghamPostNewApp_AppShare

Apparently, all 24 championship clubs are considering going into administration together. They would then buy their clubs back, let all staff go and then renegotiate contracts.

Would take a hell of a lot of trust
There’s a distinct element of fuck everyone else, including our employees and suppliers about this. I would be livid if we followed this path.

This is interesting

Clubs considering 'nuclear option' of group administration - report https://www.nottinghampost.com/spor...70#ICID=Android_NottinghamPostNewApp_AppShare

Apparently, all 24 championship clubs are considering going into administration together. They would then buy their clubs back, let all staff go and then renegotiate contracts.

Would take a hell of a lot of trust

Feels a huge stretch to me and I've no faith in clubs and players sticking to any agreement.

It would be absolute lunacy to even consider that option.

The PL Clubs and agents will be rubbing their hands at the very prospect.

The whole league would be stripped bare of every promising youngster they have.

You'd think, after all these years, that just ONE person involved in UEFA/FA/FL/PL etc would have thought about the possibility that a season might not actually end; if so then have something in the rules that states what actually happens in such circumstances

There’s a distinct element of fuck everyone else, including our employees and suppliers about this. I would be livid if we followed this path.

That's a good point Bash.

The players would not lose out and I have no doubt HMRC could be pacified, but what about the thousands of small suppliers?

No doubt they would be bullied into taking a hair cut on what the clubs owe them.

It is easy to see where something like this would come from; a couple of big clubs who are in financial trouble get together with a couple of small clubs who are teetering on the edge, and try and steam roller something like this through.

Surely the clubs who are well managed will resist this; they will be giving a huge advantage to the clubs who gambled and failed.

Perhaps world football is missing an opportunity here to start the football season so no footie in Xmas weeks in preparation for the 2022 world cup. Why not just complete this season when they allowed to do so and start the new season a little later to end further in the cricket season for a couple of seasons to integrate no games over the Xmas period ,and just before , ready for the world cup in Qatar.

Perhaps world football is missing an opportunity here to start the football season so no footie in Xmas weeks in preparation for the 2022 world cup. Why not just complete this season when they allowed to do so and start the new season a little later to end further in the cricket season for a couple of seasons to integrate no games over the Xmas period ,and just before , ready for the world cup in Qatar.

Maybe that’s the plan but FIFA can’t suggest it.

The players would not lose out and I have no doubt HMRC could be pacified, but what about the thousands of small suppliers?

No doubt they would be bullied into taking a hair cut on what the clubs owe them.

It is easy to see where something like this would come from; a couple of big clubs who are in financial trouble get together with a couple of small clubs who are teetering on the edge, and try and steam roller something like this through.

Surely the clubs who are well managed will resist this; they will be giving a huge advantage to the clubs who gambled and failed.
I remember when Leicester called in the administrators their suppliers, some of them small local businesses, got pence in the pound while Leicester didn’t sell anyone and got promoted. There was a massive outcry at the time and some people still haven’t forgiven the club.

Now just imagine that with 24 clubs doing it. Any clubs owed money will be fine under current rules but this would have the potential to destroy thousands of people’s lives over and above what has already been done.

I very much doubt if you will manage to get a one size fits all solution, that is why FIFA will leave it to each individual nation to sort their own leagues out.

At this stage I think it is fanciful to think that the decision making will be based on what is morally right or wrong; the priority for most organisations will be to take the path of least resistance with regard to legal action, because when this ends you can be sure the lawyers will not be short of work

teams like hull n boro still with so much income. kinda shows were a mid table club in some ways

It seems to be a common practice in our sector, not so much administration but selling on by capitalist ventures. They make everyone redundant, then re-employ on the "same terms" which invariably are far from being the same. Suppliers are being asked to change their TOB to anything up to 60 days.

Its scandalous and I cant see football clubs doing the same. Goodwill would surely run out.

It seems to be a common practice in our sector, not so much administration but selling on by capitalist ventures. They make everyone redundant, then re-employ on the "same terms" which invariably are far from being the same. Suppliers are being asked to change their TOB to anything up to 60 days.

Its scandalous and I cant see football clubs doing the same. Goodwill would surely run out.

You forgot to mention that they then go on to load the business with debt while paying themselves exorbitant management fees and dividends, and in most cases get tax breaks until the business inevitably goes under

You would hope so!

The other point to note, is that if they did that - that pretty much means no refunds for tickets paid for (i.e. Wednesday away etc) or partial refunds for the 5 home games to season card holders.

Then you just hope, that they'd honour all of us who have renewed our season cards for next season?!

Realistically - I think we're in lockdown for at least another 4 weeks, taking us before 1st May Bank Holiday.

With the players needing to get back to training etc, season is unlikely to start before end of May, then 9 league games to play, followed by playoffs & final.

Even then, it may end up being games behind closed doors, with mass gatherings still restricted.