All lives matter | Vital Football

All lives matter

FatherKnowsBest

Vital Football Hero
At the risk of starting another political thread.

I see that the Liverpool players 'took a knee' in protest at the disgraceful death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, under the guise of 'Black Lives Matter'.

I wonder why they feel it is relevant to do this act of fatious virtue signalling, especially as no-one is 'taking a knee' for all the black youngsters who appear bent on stabbing each other to death in our major cities..? Maybe its okay for black kids to kill other black kids..? Maybe black lives only matter when they are taken by a white person..?

Last edited:
The social media reaction to anyone posting "all lives matter" in response to the "black lives matter" posts has been remarkably twisted. Some try to make the point that even posting 'all lives matter' is itself racist and that it somehow misses the point that is trying to be made.

I reckon we probably need to be more 'woke' to appreciate the subtleties of such 'initiatives'.

(BTW , as I post this Blackford ,SNP leader, has just asked the PM to repeat the BLM phrase??)

BLM is as bad as the Black Police Society.

A question. With the copper in custody and will get his day in court, just what do the Americans want from these protests?

I notice several UK Chief Constables are 'taking a knee' on this one including the odious Chief of the Met Police Cressida Dick (Dick by name, dick by nature), expressing solidarity with the protesters. I hope they aren't quite so liberal with any that try it here.

Meanwhile, Labour have their finger firmly on the pulse...

No, we sell the equipment and keep jobs here so Emily can sod off.
The Americans voted in trump so let him get on with it.

Saw somebody on TV yesterday (can't remember who) calling for black representation in the Premier League boardrooms.

I'm sure that most chairmen and directors are foreigners of some description, and quite a lot are from the Middle East and Far East

It's totally wrong to make this a racist thing when it quite clearly isn't.

Any black billionaire can take over a football club just as easily as any other colour, and nobody will care what colour he is