Aldershot | Vital Football

Aldershot

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
In all likelihood this will be Tony Sweeney's only game in charge of the first team, so if I was him I'd look to at least make a statement of how I would like to see the game played.

Hence, I would revert to a back four:
Kioso, Kerr, Raynes, Critchlow-Noble
A three man midfield:
Kennedy, Mafuta, Holohan
Plus wing-halves:
Donaldson, Toure
Centre forward
Kabamba

Have a go at winning the game, there are plenty to choose from for the bench but I would include players who weren't getting a look in under Hignett - Muir, Bale - ahead of James and Featherstone.

For me it would be.....

……………………………….Killip……………………..
……………...Cunningham.....Raynes.....Kerr...…
….Kioso……………………………………………………….Kitching...
…………….Holohan.……Kennedy…..Mafuta....
............…............Toure......Kabamba………...

Hawkes, Bale, Muir, James, Richardson.

If Kennedy is still unwell put Hawkes there, Bale has not had enough minutes to start but should be getting more minutes and maybe introduced later in a game. At the minute if we're defence minded Featherstone, Kennedy or Bale or if we're attack minded Hawkes.

Mafuta and Holohan look shoe-ins currently. Molyneux has to come back yet to add to the managers selection problems. If i were manager i wouldn't like the headache.

I like Tony Sweeney and wish him well but he has to lead with his head and not his heart by that i mean pick his best eleven not his best friends, pick those who can do it in the ninety not those who look as though they could do it from training

This is a brilliant opportunity for him why shouldn't he take it? He has a lot of good players at his disposal and decent cover all over the pitch.

He needs to take down that framed Gerrard shirt and put up a framed Sir Alex photo.

:red:

Cannot believe Featherstone starts and Holohan is on the bench. As for predictions I am going for an Aldershot win with another limp Pools display with loads of possession but very few efforts on target to trouble the Shots keeper. Hope I'm wrong.

Excellent result, I would have settled for a draw prior to kick off.

I wonder who might of been watching on from the stands

Very pleased and frankly surprised. I wonder if Higgy is sitting at home wondering why the heck they didn't do that once or twice while he was boss? Couldn't help but notice that when Holohan came on he scored and soon after that we got the third. Holohan made a big difference when he came on against Stockport as well so what does he have to do to get a start? Nice to get the three points but one swallow doesn't make a spring.

if Higgy is sitting at home wondering why the heck they didn't do that once or twice while he was boss

If he is he might reflect on the fact that it's the manager's job to get them to perform to their best every game not just once in a while.