Aldershot | Vital Football

Aldershot

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
I think it is most likely to be 1-1 today but 0-0 wouldn't be a surprise. Anyone else prepared to take a punt?

Haven’t won away from home in six outings, sixth bottom probably six - nil to us :thumbup:

Seriously we need to get back on the horse, with a positive reaction from the players and respond with goals particularly against a side who definitely struggle on their travels.
:red:

Aldershot are poor on their travels but Pools have only won two at home all season so that's why I think a draw is most likely but if we can sneak a win I'll be "over the moon".

Pools never looked like they were 'at it' today. First half was fairly even, but after halftime Aldershot upped their game whilst Pools struggled to get any meaningful possession. Scott Loach made 4 outstanding fingertip saves, but for which defeat would have been a certainty.

Still think a top half finish is achievable, which would be acceptable considering, but promotion I'm afraid is just a pipedream.

Got my prediction right again but I wish I hadn't. Another disappointing result today.. As someone said on here a year or two ago: "its the hope that kills you". Season was going well and I guess we were all cherishing dreams of finishing in the top two or three but it is becoming clear this team has serious shortcomings so a top 7 finish is the best we can hope for. Next game Boreham Wood. Guess what? I think it might be a draw!

We were poor today no doubt. Poor of Harrison proportions. On today’s performance we are exactly where we where last year.....out of ideas, idle, pedestrian etc. etc.

We let a side, who had not gained a point away from home all season, a season we are almost one third of the way through, dictate most of the play and make us look like the away team. Not one point away from home all season....until now WTF.

The current set up is made of poor decisions and or bad choices from top to bottom. We, as we always do, let our opponents dictate the pace of the game, we stood off them and allowed them to do whatever they wanted to, were at best pedestrian, we never turned out for the second 45 and scraped through the first 45.
Where the top seven all won, bar one, Orient who dropped one place to second top. We’re not even at the races never mind in the race.

We’re out of ideas, some of us are out of our depth and we don’t know how to put it right. Top half with these fookers in charge is gonna be a success.

Putting the events of yesterday into perspective, Aldershot had played 6 away games and had NOT gained a single point out of the 18 available. To compound it all they had conceded 14 times and replied only twice......then they turn up here and we make them look like Brazil.

We’re not learning anything and it’s a shame the aspirations of the manager and owner don’t match those of the fans. If as is being bandied about they are happy to consolidate this term.

We’ll be here another season if we’re not careful and every season after that it’ll be harder to get out of and there’s a danger of us getting into a comfort zone and then a final phase of acceptance. Just my thoughts.