Albums that have stood the test of time | Vital Football

Albums that have stood the test of time

cocopops

Vital Youth Team
I was listening to Sgt Pepper yesterday and although it's a good album it's not a great album anymore,it was in the 60's but it hasn't really aged well,are there any albums that have aged well?
Here's a few of my personal favorites,I suppose that how old you are dictates your taste,I'm 56

Automatic For The People. REM
Pet Sounds The Beach Boys
The Sound Of Fury. Billy Fury
Hounds Of Love. Kate Bush
Transformer Lou Reid

I've bought loads of albums back in the day but none really stood out except, perhaps the early Sham 69 stuff and the Sex Pistols, Never Mind The Bollocks. I am 54.

I preferred singles or compilation albums.

While looking down at the replies on here and honestly thought that 250,000 reasons to fly with Flybe was an album :rotfl:

I never rated Jimmy Pursey,I thought that Sham 69 wasn't a true punk band and was astounded that when I watched a program about punk he was so highly rated by others in the movement,Hurry Harry is class though

i can still remember the first time that I heard New Rose on the radio and thinking Wh at the fudge was that! Probably the only song in my life that had an immediate impact

Compilation albums,I've used kept away from them but having said that the Beatles 62-66 red album has a special place in my heart

It was before my time (I'm 56) but
Highway 61 revisited by Robert Zimmerman is the greatest album I have ever heard