Alan power | Vital Football

Alan power

dinnoimp

Vital Newbie
Kilmarnock top of the premiership with Alan power winning rave reviews every week.
The posts on their forum suggest he is the best central midfielder in their history. always loved his passion but this success is a surprise. He will be in the Irish squad shortly - all quite incredible but huge amounts of good luck to him

Maybe we were holding him back?

According to one Kilmarnock fan on that forum "the player we signed came here overweight and unfit so I can only assume that's what has held him back"

Yep, that's a possibility due to Danny and Nicky's laissez-faire approach to training and conditioning.

Kilmarnock top of the premiership with Alan power winning rave reviews every week.
The posts on their forum suggest he is the best central midfielder in their history. always loved his passion but this success is a surprise. He will be in the Irish squad shortly - all quite incredible but huge amounts of good luck to him

Well, when he moved there, I predicted he would do well and even said then that he could get Ireland picking him again.
Well done Skipper !

He features regularly on the ex-Imps discussion thread, simply because he has done so well.

They worship him at Kilmarnock, last week he was again MOTM, some of the comments on Killie Kickback included:

"Brilliant pretty much every game. Reads the game excellently, breaks play up when needed and can drive the team forward too".
"Sensational. An absolute beast in midfield".
"Can we just always have this man in midfield for the rest of time?"
"Alan Power is the finest central midfielder in our club's history."
"There is a power surge at Rugby Park and it’s not the flood lights, it’s Alan Power my favourite Killie midfielder of my generation"
"It’s to his credit that he kept plugging away before a wee bit of success at Lincoln, now starring at the top of the Scottish Premiership".

The boy has done good, hates Grimsby and still has some Imp in him. Good luck at Celtic today AP.

Kilmarnock were discussed on the Friday Night Social (Five Live). Alan probably suits the 4-4-2 Killie appear to play.

Had been at forest before us, so must have had something about him.
Held back for 5 seasons by the god awful mediocrity around him, possibly explaining all the yellow and red cards he got here.
Good on him for stepping up.
31 so doubt he'll get an international call up but you never know.

When he first went there the Killie fans were not impressed. Then a change of manager has totally transformed his career. Well done AP delighted for you. I’ll never forget the composure and sheer strength of character he showed when taking the long delayed penalty versus Brighton that got us back in the match. If that pen had been missed then our recent history might have been quite different. Maybe a preseason friendly with Killie at the Bank?

Feels like a bit of a sliding doors moment for Power with Beevers injury forcing Wood to go back to right back and allowing Power to play CM.

He had only started one league match (the away defeat to Dag & Red) before Beevers injury.

If enough people would be interested, I'll set up an interview with Alan Power - he's only twenty minutes away from me. Let me know.

Yes Scotty good idea. It would have been interesting to have seen AP play in the current team with good players around him. The only player from our non league hell that I can say that about.