Alan Pardew's daily bullsh*t thread | Vital Forums

Alan Pardew's daily bullsh*t thread

st-pedros-basin

Vital Champions League
This morning our loveable gobshite manager is advertising our players for sale.

"We're one of those clubs where we're liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player,"

"You can't keep a player who doesn't want to stay.

"Having said that, it's going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it's a serious or big bid."

Platinii

Vital Champions League
He couldn't make it more obvious that he's in line for a cut of any deal, if he came out and said it outright.

Even Redknapp isn't as obvious as this.

Sickening.

taffontyne

Vital Football Hero
If this is going to be the official daily bullshit thread, can we keep all his summer utterances in this thread alone? It's because I want to avoid them in the main.

The idea though, that the club can actually profit from his shite management by selling the better players is pretty laughable. If we went shopping at Wigan for a player, we would expect to get him on the cheap, not pay top dollar, because he is part of a side that got relegated. So why is this a good time for this club to be selling its top players? I can understand us cashing in at the end of last season but not know. We'd make a loss on most of them.

As for the "better players", who has enhanced his reputation this season, such that we would get more for them now than what we paid for them? I am struggling. I am not a fan of Pardew at all, but it is so easy for players to hide behind that when we can probably look at some and say "you know what? You're not as good as some would have us believe".

Platinii

Vital Champions League
taffontyne - 21/5/2013 12:00

If this is going to be the official daily bullshit thread, can we keep all his summer utterances in this thread alone? It's because I want to avoid them in the main.

The idea though, that the club can actually profit from his shite management by selling the better players is pretty laughable. If we went shopping at Wigan for a player, we would expect to get him on the cheap, not pay top dollar, because he is part of a side that got relegated. So why is this a good time for this club to be selling its top players? I can understand us cashing in at the end of last season but not know. We'd make a loss on most of them.

As for the "better players", who has enhanced his reputation this season, such that we would get more for them now than what we paid for them? I am struggling. I am not a fan of Pardew at all, but it is so easy for players to hide behind that when we can probably look at some and say "you know what? You're not as good as some would have us believe".
It smacks of desperation. I think they must surely know by now that last season was the time to do it, and our 5th place was a complete one off. There's no way they'll get anywhere near what these players are worth now.

Given Pardew's uncannny ability to turn a diamond into a worthless turd, Carr will have his work cut out finding a player on the planet whose value Pardew can't actually reduce after 3 months of his 'coaching'.

taffontyne

Vital Football Hero
Plats, if the project for Ashley is to make money here, then he needs to have a serious look at it.

Martinez - he is definitely leaving Wigan, I watched his body language at the parade last night when the announcer asked the fans if they wanted him to stay.

What I find extra-ordinary here is that in Wigan, you have a manager who will feature in the summer merry-go-round, widely regarded as one destined for bigger and better things, a few of his players are being highly coveted yet his club has just been relegated, following many seasons of narrow avoidance. I know they won the cup, but even glorious failure there would not have changed the way manager and some players are regarded. Regardless of the downs, the general belief is that "little Wigan" have punched above their weight and the credit for that seems to be laid in the main at Martinez's door. The idea has developed such momentum now that even some of their "better players" are being swept along by it. Yet they got relegated. But "added value" seems clubs come a knocking. there is no added value at SJP, yet Pardew feels he has to come otu with stuff like this - it smacks of wishful thinking on his part. I think he is trying to talk up the value of his squad, and indirectly himself and "added value" he has put on it. Maybe it is not so much directed at other clubs but for his upcoming meetings with Ashley. There is no added value after this season.

ManxMag

Vital 1st Team Regular
Given Pardew's uncannny ability to turn a diamond into a worthless turd, Carr will have his work cut out finding a player on the planet whose value Pardew can't actually reduce after 3 months of his 'coaching'.

Great line. Wish I had come up with it.

AMac

Vital Squad Member
"Given Pardew's uncannny ability to turn a diamond into a worthless turd, Carr will have his work cut out finding a player on the planet whose value Pardew can't actually reduce after 3 months of his 'coaching'.

Great line. Wish I had come up with it."

Plats never fails to deliver :iagree:

chopey

Vital Squad Member
We must be the only club in England that actually fucking touts our players around to the highest bidder, fair enough we cant keep hold of some of our players but dont fuckin advertise the fact .............I'm really starting to hate pardew

st-pedros-basin

Vital Champions League
Today's Ramblings, titled...
Alan Pardew says he is aiming to be grappling with Liverpool next season - and that the Reds should be the blueprint for his Magpies.

“We need to strengthen. Even with our best team out I think we would have finished below Liverpool.

“And we want to threaten them – so we need to improve.”

“It is a difficult league. We could have finished in the top 11.

Geordieracer69

Vital Squad Member
Jesus Christ the bloke is unreal.

He's basically admitting we've gone backwards this year. He should be fired fort his comments around the Europa league alone. Disgrace.

Geordieracer69

Vital Squad Member
I wonder if he plans any of it or just wings it? Given what comes out of his mouth it's clearly the latter.

I'm sure if he keeps his job (which I have no doubt he will) the "comprehensive review" will consist of Mike telling Pards to tone down the bollocks or at least keep it consistent.

"Tow the party line my son but for facks sake 'ave a think about what you're gonna say before you say it, you look a rank amateur"

Platinii

Vital Champions League
st-pedros-basin - 22/5/2013 10:20

Today's Ramblings, titled...
Alan Pardew says he is aiming to be grappling with Liverpool next season - and that the Reds should be the blueprint for his Magpies.

“We need to strengthen. Even with our best team out I think we would have finished below Liverpool.

“And we want to threaten them – so we need to improve.”

“It is a difficult league. We could have finished in the top 11.
WHAT???!

So what happened to last season's team?

No way are Liverpool a better team. Even their fraud of a manager has more clue about football than ours. Player for player we are definitely better, so it just shows you it's down to our 'manager'.

He really is a clueless cock of a man. Maybe he's in competition with Rodgers for idiotic statements of the day.

Platinii

Vital Champions League
I still can't get over this one... What manager in his right mind would come out and say that rivals of a similar level are better than us, even with our best team out?

Where's the incentive for our players to even try?