Alan Knill | Vital Football

Alan Knill

Acko1956

Vital Reserves Team
Morning true Blades..

Is AK still at the club not heard anything / Also should we keep him at the club or his he just picking up his wage until he gets the call from Wilder ? Cheers ..

Last I heard there was an offer on the table for him to stay on with the coaching staff. With Slav bringing his own coaches, I wonder where Alan will fit in tbf, but you never know. Either way, I dont suppose he'll be without work for long...

Personally i would prefer a clean sweep and for Slav to bring his own team in. The academy staff should stay but i think the first team squad needs fresh idea's and focus. No offense to Alan who has been a great servant but i see him and Wilder at Sunderland or Huddersfield in the not too distant future.

Hope he stays. Knill working with Jokanovic may be a better balance than with Wilder, from a coaching and tactical point of view. The club seem keen to retain any positive of Wilder's time. What bigger positive than the great defensive unit we developed that Knill surely played a big part in.

Knill has done a tremendous job for the club and apparently he was offered a different position at the club. Even if he has turned that role down, Utd will still honour the contract they sanctioned until it runs down. Good luck Knilly on your next project even if it's not here.

As long as Slav's agreeable to AK staying on I only see it as a benefit. He's a link to the ride we've been on this past half a decade and a key component in organising the defence that's served us so well.

Wilder and Knill do seem the ultimate double act but Knill's spoken in interviews about how they're not close or even friends, which surprised me. Both of them may want to try something new.

2 Spanish coaches are coming in hopefully the two who worked with SJ at Fulham and Watford which will be an Assistant Manager and Head of Sports Science. Not sure if there is a role for AK as the job of dealing with young players was a bizarre offer bearing in mind Heckinbottom has that role unless the thinking at the time was for PH to take the senior manager role.

I suspect AK has some thinking to do now as Chris Wilder is looking like he will struggle to get a job in the immediate future bearing in mind his knock back from the WBA owner. There is also the complication that Tindall still seems to be around as we've not been told his role has come to an end..

I'm with Blade for Life a clear out is necessary as the back room team had become stagnated resulting in last seasons poor showing. Good luck to AK he's been a good servant but time to move on for me.

2 Spanish coaches are coming in hopefully the two who worked with SJ at Fulham and Watford which will be an Assistant Manager and Head of Sports Science. Not sure if there is a role for AK as the job of dealing with young players was a bizarre offer bearing in mind Heckinbottom has that role unless the thinking at the time was for PH to take the senior manager role.

I suspect AK has some thinking to do now as Chris Wilder is looking like he will struggle to get a job in the immediate future bearing in mind his knock back from the WBA owner. There is also the complication that Tindall still seems to be around as we've not been told his role has come to an end..

I'm with Blade for Life a clear out is necessary as the back room team had become stagnated resulting in last seasons poor showing. Good luck to AK he's been a good servant but time to move on for me.

Javier Pereira, Alberto Escobar and Marco Cesarini
Sure I read a few days ago these 3 are coming in to work with Slav. Might make Knill look a bit like a fish out of water. Doubt his Spanish is all that. Or his Serbian.

I'm assuming Escobar is coming in as discipline coach. Moose and McB will be crapping themselves.

Javier Pereira, Alberto Escobar and Marco Cesarini
Sure I read a few days ago these 3 are coming in to work with Slav. Might make Knill look a bit like a fish out of water. Doubt his Spanish is all that. Or his Serbian.

I'm assuming Escobar is coming in as discipline coach. Moose and McB will be crapping themselves.
Lads on the back of the kop will be rubbing their hands together if Escobar comes in they’ll be hoping for some big discounts :smoke:

Two superb names. They better come here.

I don't think Tindall sticking around would be a bad idea. Has recent experience of managing in that league so would be a good calibre support staff member.

Can just imagine Slav asking an aide "Who's that orange bloke I keep seeing wandering around"?
Hopefully he's only still here as he has a contract to June 30th.
We don't want any backroom staff left associated with the abortion of last season anywhere near the first team squad IMO. Would make an exception of Knill but as said before can't see him fitting with the new regime.