Akinde Set To Sign For Gillingham? | Page 8 | Vital Football

Akinde Set To Sign For Gillingham?

All this debate on a player who the manager clearly didn't rate as he sat on the bench most weeks. Why on earth would we keep a player that who was supposedly one of if not the top earner at the club but who was clearly not in the managers plans.

On his day Akinde was unplayable unfortunately there weren't too many of "those days" so it's a good deal all round that he has gone and we move on!

Expect Jack Payne and maybe Frecks to be gone by close of business................high earners to hit the high road as we are retrenching on the financial front,and rightly so..................legacy of handing out gold plated contracts.

Expect Jack Payne and maybe Frecks to be gone by close of business................high earners to hit the high road as we are retrenching on the financial front,and rightly so..................legacy of handing out gold plated contracts.

But we've just signed a striker who's hardly scored any recently and just come back from a serious injury to a three and a half year contract?

I can see that side of it but I would have thought/hoped that we could hang onto him until the summer and then move him on for free in the summer without having to pay his wages up. At least then we would get something for our 6 months wages.

Would like to know the detail behind JA`s departure and with hindsight we should have cut his deal on the last day of the month especially in the light of the Walker fiasco AND forest changing their loan tactics.(unconfirmed)

Managing risk and downsides is a tough job in all business and deal making a potential nightmare.

But we've just signed a striker who's hardly scored any recently and just come back from a serious injury to a three and a half year contract?

Early days for Hopper and i hope it works out.

Contract details for Hopper not visible but it must include sensible break clauses to cut our downside risks.

I can see that side of it but I would have thought/hoped that we could hang onto him until the summer and then move him on for free in the summer without having to pay his wages up. At least then we would get something for our 6 months wages.

Getting something out of him would have needed him not to be injured though....

Why are so many deals now undisclosed?! It's boring... why can't we have the juicy facts on all the deals. I think every deal should be transparent and us fans could then chew on them knowing the full picture.

Exactly right.
Appreciate there's a wee bit of negotiating going on in the window, but as soon as someone has closed the window, all should be fully revealed.

Big John to net a bullet header from a corner after outjumping Shacks anyone? 🤔
I'll go out on a limb and say not a cats chance in hell. I'll also refer you to the Warwick Davies comment.
Good luck to the fella, but don't think he'll score against us.