Akinde Set To Sign For Gillingham? | Vital Football

Akinde Set To Sign For Gillingham?

Many thanks John and good luck.

I am still not convinced he is a League 1 player but hopefully he won't come back to haunt us next month!

Now if we could just sign Tyreece John-Jules permanently :LOL:

Thanks to John for his efforts whilst here and a shame to see him go, however that will free up a significant chunk of wages and put a tidy sum back into the kitty from a striker that may have been 4th choice.

Anyone know what fee we received from the sale?

Seemed inevitable. I have mixed feelings on this. Really wanted him to stick it in the net a bit more. Didn't happen. Thus he was a frustrating forward. On his day could rip it up. Exeter and forest green away. Just the other night, Bolton at home. And a great penalty taker. Ultimately not enough. But best wishes Big John and see you back at the Bank in a few weeks.

Well, I hope any abuse under the guise of banter is solely directed at his new manager when we play the Gills shortly. Good luck John apart from when you face the Imps

I hope not either and totally agree! His goals and penalties helped us win the Championship last season and people should remember that.

Never understood this abusing of ex-players it's mindless!

As others have said I think he was clearly going to be well down the pecking order when you look at the likes of Walker and John-Jules and with the signing of Hopper it was pretty clear his days were numbered.

Truly sorry to see John leave, I always felt an air of optimism when he entered the field of play.

However, he clearly became a rather expensive back-up option in the end which is a luxury I don't think the club can afford just yet

So, the Imps continue to evolve and a new start for John.

Thanks & best wishes from me

UTI

Anyone know what fee we received from the sale?

Well knowing how Evans has spun a yarn in the past we no doubt paid £500,000 for him who they got for 50p and a £5 M&S voucher. He will have been on 10 grand a week here but we will have paid up his contract virtually to 90% and that will allow them to be paying £500 a week. Because they couldn't compete with us financially but look what an amazing the deal he has done! :rolleyes:

Good luck to him in the rest of his career as he played such an important part in last season's success.

I'm a little surprised another League 1 side has taken him because there are limitations to his game that are very obvious, but if you could work out a way of harnessing his strengths then you'd have a very fearsome forward.

I don't know what that is though because the Cowleys never really found it, and neither did Appleton other than, ironically, in the last few weeks because he was much better at Burton, Sunderland and terrorising what was left of Bolton's defence.

Did well recently as an impact sub but not technically good enough for top end League 1 and not an Appleton type player.
Wish him well though and hope it goes ok for him at the Gills.