Air raid siren | Vital Football

Air raid siren

Loving this comment....

Only just coaxed my old gran out from the cupboard under the stairs.

On the same thread they were not too impressed with Alan Long on the mic. Little do they know we have Chris Ashton in reserve if they upset us.

hulloutpost - 17/3/2018 22:45

On the same thread they were not too impressed with Alan Long on the mic. Little do they know we have Chris Ashton in reserve if they upset us.

Do even the Cods deserve that!?

"No wonder Alan Buckley hated it when he was there it stood for everything he hated in football"
To be fair, I wasn't that keen on his crab football. Sometimes thought we let the other side score so that we could get the ball back! Think his son liked it here though :cop:

To be fair to the fish, there are a few respectful comments about the siren and it's significance.

Listen, their fans are desperate. They know they are terrible in every area of the club and could well be heading for non-league football only two years after escaping from it. Not only have Lincoln caught them up in no time at all, they have overtaken them and are in the process of leaving them behind, possibly for a very long time. It is only natural for them to grasp at every tiny straw to try to give themselves miniscule crumbs of comfort. Among other black and white comfort blankets they have tried to knit for themselves are:

* The Cowleys are not innovative. They are games teachers. They were hated when they were managers at Concord.

* It would get on their nerves if their manager was jumping around all the time like Cowley.

* The Cowleys ran the game from the touchline.

* The atmosphere was terrible, Lincoln fans were very quiet at the end of the game.

* The siren is annoying.

* The stewards are awful.

* The sniffer dog jumped on them.

* Rhead is a f****** f** diving b******.

* Lincoln players were going down feigning injury all match.

* The football gods have turned on them.

* Lincoln are not rivals.

And the best one of all:

* Grimsby fans are a completely different kind of person to Lincoln fans.

I hope they draw plenty of comfort from that little lot.

Hi from a newbie.
I love the siren personally,and all the other references to the City's links with Bomber Command (sound of Merlin engines as the teams come out, Dambusters theme etc.).
If it wasn't for those brave men we would be eating Bratwurst and wearing lederhosen..

BoothEllisCooper - 18/3/2018 13:43

Hi from a newbie.
I love the siren personally,and all the other references to the City's links with Bomber Command (sound of Merlin engines as the teams come out, Dambusters theme etc.).
If it wasn't for those brave men we would be eating Bratwurst and wearing lederhosen..

Some on here wear lederhosen on weekends :he he:

I agree with your sentiments. I love hearing the siren/merl is/Dambusters march. Much kudos to 617. :clappy:

Scotimp - 18/3/2018 12:49

Listen, their fans are desperate. They know they are terrible in every area of the club and could well be heading for non-league football only two years after escaping from it. Not only have Lincoln caught them up in no time at all, they have overtaken them and are in the process of leaving them behind, possibly for a very long time. It is only natural for them to grasp at every tiny straw to try to give themselves miniscule crumbs of comfort. Among other black and white comfort blankets they have tried to knit for themselves are:

* The Cowleys are not innovative. They are games teachers. They were hated when they were managers at Concord.

* It would get on their nerves if their manager was jumping around all the time like Cowley.

* The Cowleys ran the game from the touchline.

* The atmosphere was terrible, Lincoln fans were very quiet at the end of the game.

* The siren is annoying.

* The stewards are awful.

* The sniffer dog jumped on them.

* Rhead is a f****** f** diving b******.

* Lincoln players were going down feigning injury all match.

* The football gods have turned on them.

* Lincoln are not rivals.

And the best one of all:

* Grimsby fans are a completely different kind of person to Lincoln fans.

I hope they draw plenty of comfort from that little lot.
The last bit was from a post, which made some decent points (can't find the post or remember what thread it was on, though).

Grimsby fans: Lincoln fans are wet, make lots of excuses

Also Grimsby fans: waah waah waah they have a siren