Aguero confirms knee surgery | Vital Football

Aguero confirms knee surgery

Skoorb

Alert Team
My fears realised as Sergio Aguero confirms he has had surgery on his knee.

Already struggling after missing several games in March, Aguero returned to action in the derby only to find himslef on the end of a disgraceful challenge by rag 'defender' aka thug, Ashley 'The Plunge' Young. That challenge is unlikey to have done his knee any favours whatsoever and Aguero will miss the remainder of City's games in the league and now faces a race to be fit in time for the World Cup.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...rgentina-world-cup-knee-surgery-a8308846.html

His 200th goal for the club will have to wait until the 2018/19 season

:mad:

Nooooo!
I wish him a very speedy recovery but, if I was utterly selfish, I would not want him to be risked at the world cup.
Ok, I AM utterly selfish.

He is a class striker and will be missed for the rest of the season Jesus is not in the same class.
It's just as well you have the league won.
I've heard rumours that next is his last season with you.
Pep will have to get his cheque book out again.
(and no, Salah is not for sale):Fingers:

I don't want to alarm you B, but I read somewhere he was house-hunting in Spain. (Mo Salah, not Aguero!)

He is a class striker and will be missed for the rest of the season Jesus is not in the same class.
It's just as well you have the league won.
I've heard rumours that next is his last season with you.
Pep will have to get his cheque book out again.
(and no, Salah is not for sale):Fingers:

Jesus' numbers are remarkably similar to Aguero's when he was 20/21.

Shame for Aguero, hope he makes the World Cup, even before this latest injury his place wasn't assured.

I guess we'll have to make do with our young guns, 15 starts for Sane, Jesus, Sterling as a front three, 15 wins, 43 goals. Not to be sniffed at.

Agree with you BD, Jesus is class and very young. Under Pep he will develop and quite possibly become outstanding.

The assault which the ref had a clear view , I have noticed over the years that Refs think Sergio dives and has seen yellow on occasions only to discover that he has been fouled, I do not klnow what Atkinsons problem is with City by the FA should really consider retiring him

Jesus' numbers are remarkably similar to Aguero's when he was 20/21.

Shame for Aguero, hope he makes the World Cup, even before this latest injury his place wasn't assured.

I guess we'll have to make do with our young guns, 15 starts for Sane, Jesus, Sterling as a front three, 15 wins, 43 goals. Not to be sniffed at.

Good stats them.
But as soon as Aguero was announced as not playing in the Champions league game there was a huge sigh of relief at this end of the '62.
So does this mean that you don't think that Pep will buy another "big" striker then? just curious:thumbup:

The assault which the ref had a clear view , I have noticed over the years that Refs think Sergio dives and has seen yellow on occasions only to discover that he has been fouled, I do not klnow what Atkinsons problem is with City by the FA should really consider retiring him

He may have an issue after the Falklands war:rotfl: :off:

Good stats them.
But as soon as Aguero was announced as not playing in the Champions league game there was a huge sigh of relief at this end of the '62.
So does this mean that you don't think that Pep will buy another "big" striker then? just curious:thumbup:

He appears to be targetting another goalscorer, i don't believe it will be an out and out striker but someone that can play wide and central.

Btw Aguero and Pep are both on record saying that Aguero has 2 years left here, his intention is to return to Argentina then.

He appears to be targetting another goalscorer, i don't believe it will be an out and out striker but someone that can play wide and central.

Btw Aguero and Pep are both on record saying that Aguero has 2 years left here, his intention is to return to Argentina then.

Fair enough Bluedub, I heard 2020 so that will probably be the end of the 2020/21 season then.
Sounds like he wants someone like Sane on the other wing then?

Fair enough Bluedub, I heard 2020 so that will probably be the end of the 2020/21 season then.
Sounds like he wants someone like Sane on the other wing then?

2020 it is. That's two more seasons.

Not necessarily another Sane, just another option to compete with both Sterling and Sane. Mahrez is still being mooted, Zaha is another option being considered allegedly. Bailey is another.

Zaha who used to play for United? surely not, he would be a very poor addition to your squad in my opinion, big fish small pond scenario.
I forgot about Mahrez, but I thought originally he was only going to be bought as injury cover to Mane?
From an outsiders point of view you do need a real goal scorer Sterlings goal to chance ratio is poor (I must say pep has got him playing in a way that he makes the chances though:thumbup:)
There was a lot of bitterness regarding Sterling when he left for the money, as a strike force with Suarez he was great, but Pep (or maybe Roy Hodgson:rotfl:) has made him a better all round team player

Zaha who used to play for United? surely not, he would be a very poor addition to your squad in my opinion, big fish small pond scenario.
I forgot about Mahrez, but I thought originally he was only going to be bought as injury cover to Mane?
From an outsiders point of view you do need a real goal scorer Sterlings goal to chance ratio is poor (I must say pep has got him playing in a way that he makes the chances though:thumbup:)
There was a lot of bitterness regarding Sterling when he left for the money, as a strike force with Suarez he was great, but Pep (or maybe Roy Hodgson:rotfl:) has made him a better all round team player

Wow, the power of the media is well illustrated in that post.

In regards Sterling's goal to chance ratio, here's some reading for you to educate yourself

http://www.football365.com/news/the-one-in-fivers-the-premier-leagues-best-finishers

Yeah, wow - the Sterling Myth continues to be promulgated.

Anyone who dares to leave Liverpool = scumbag, money-grabber

Anyone joining Liverpool = self-sacrificing hero who presumably is playing for free.

I don't suppose Van Dijk was offered less money on his contract plus if I recall Liverpool actually apologised for their behavior in making contact (sailing seriously clise to being cited for 'tapping up') before he finally joined the club.