After the match at Crawley. | Vital Football

After the match at Crawley.

kettrin imp

Vital Reserves Team
I was taking to a Crawley fan at work today about Saturdays match. He was telling me that one of there Directors told him that it all went off in the tunnel after the game. Apparently Nicky said to Kewell that he wasn't in the champions league now and Kewell replied with 'why don't you two go back to teaching kids'. Kewell invited Danny into his office afterwards but told him that Nicky wasn't welcome. I hope Danny told him where to shove his invite.

kettrin imp - 19/2/2018 18:50

I was taking to a Crawley fan at work today about Saturdays match. He was telling me that one of there Directors told him that it all went off in the tunnel after the game. Apparently Nicky said to Kewell that he wasn't in the champions league now and Kewell replied with 'why don't you two go back to teaching kids'. Kewell invited Danny into his office afterwards but told him that Nicky wasn't welcome. I hope Danny told him where to shove his invite.

Pleased to see he has some spunk, our manager!

Impalex - 19/2/2018 18:51

Oh, and before anyone tells me that is not appropriate...

"spunk

noun informal

courage and determination.
"she's got no spunk, or she'd have left him long ago"
synonyms:
courage, bravery, pluck, pluckiness, courageousness, braveness, valour, mettle, gameness, daring;"

Impalex - 19/2/2018 18:54

"spunk

noun informal

synonyms:
courage, bravery, pluck, pluckiness, courageousness, braveness, valour, mettle, gameness, daring;"

There is plenty of mileage in this post. I feel some puns coming. Oops :pointy: :pointy:

Would prefer we did our talking on the pitch to be honest. Sounds a bit petty if that's true.

I feel this sort of banter and interaction between opposing managers is commonplace but rarely comes to light remember it`s an emotional scenario, except this time there was no pizza involved.

Kewell post match was interviewed by one of their local sycophantic journos alluding to the fact that their goals were "well worked" and their freekick was straight off the training ground and they played it "the right way"
Step it down a little Kewell, your first goal opportunistic at best, the 3rd a case of our defence playing statues and the 2nd a debatable pen........
...you got no promotions yet Harry! cool it.

Rasenimp - 19/2/2018 19:36

Would prefer we did our talking on the pitch to be honest. Sounds a bit petty if that's true.
I agree, sounds quite a bit "sour grapes to me".
If it were said before KO, to get under his skin, then not such an issue. After getting beaten, I know what we would all be saying if the boot were on the other foot!

I'm not convinced all this stuff does anything other than get you a bad name which refs are then always looking to punish.

Impartiality - 19/2/2018 19:28

Impalex - 19/2/2018 18:54

"spunk

noun informal

synonyms:

There is plenty of mileage in this post. I feel some puns coming. Oops :pointy: :pointy:

I'm ducking behind the sofa as I speak...

Spilsby52 - 20/2/2018 11:46

I'm not convinced all this stuff does anything other than get you a bad name which refs are then always looking to punish.

There is something in the fact we're getting a bit of a rep for antics. The opposition managers mention it and I reckon DC gets sent to the stand quicker than he would without it.

I think we play and manage to the margins and it has worked so far but as things have got tougher and we're on the backfoot a bit more, it's been slightly more pronounced?

The reality and emotion of modern day management again illustrated right in front of the bbc cameras tonight with Wigan`s Paul cook and City manager Pep Guardiola going at each other hammer and tongs at half time.......it`s an emotional game this football!

no room for choirboys in this game of soccer!

plumbob - 19/2/2018 19:43

Rasenimp - 19/2/2018 19:36

I agree, sounds quite a bit "sour grapes to me".
If it were said before KO, to get under his skin, then not such an issue. After getting beaten, I know what we would all be saying if the boot were on the other foot!

Great post. 100% agree.

I remember that Champions League Final when Liverpool played Milan. Kewell was absolute w@nk in the first half and only when he went off injured did Liverpool manage their historic fightback. Never would have done it with him on the pitch.