After 49 years enough is enough | Vital Football

After 49 years enough is enough

Once wigan return where they belong will a 25 thousand seater stadium look great with two thousand on

Each to their own but for me, no matter how bad it ever gets there will only ever be Wigan Athletic.

Spot on - our team is crap - but it will always be our team and when things are bad changes are often not far behind and with every change comes hope that things can improve.

I used to think Cook would likely be here come what may next season but i now suspect a change in manager is almost certainly on the cards end of the season - no way IEC can be happy with what they are seeing. Performance, results, signings, shoots of progress or entertainment value have been overall so poor since September.

It’d be refreshing if someone thought ‘fuck it and lets have a go’. I think we’ve got some decent players who can play at this level, they just need to be told ‘this is what you’re doing and you stick to it, keep playing football’. Derby were shit tonight but kept playing the same way and won. We just sit back and hope for the best. Any point is a bonus at the moment, to me that’s a fucking pathetic mentality.

We need an away win to relieve the pressure, I can't see us getting everything we need at home. Its got to be shit or bust now because this negativity away from home won't yield anything.

Problem is since Preston away its been rinse repeat from Cook who is either blind or stupid - whats the point of setting up the same in every single away since and getting feck all as a result. Oh 2 pts at Skint BWFC and unplayable Rotherham.
I feel for our players who are being stifled by this ?

Problem is since Preston away its been rinse repeat from Cook who is either blind or stupid - whats the point of setting up the same in every single away since and getting feck all as a result. Oh 2 pts at Skint BWFC and unplayable Rotherham.
I feel for our players who are being stifled by this ?

I used to think similar but after his comments at the fans forum I don't think it's either anymore - i think it's just an inability to make the team play how he wants.

I think when he put them on the pitch with his plan last season the superior quality of player made it all work - but this year when we are generally playing teams that have players as good if not better than ours the coaching and tactics have become vastly more important and i don't think that part of his game is good enough at this level.

I get that KDZ and would completely agree apart from the way we approached the first 10 games.
Also the Villa performance stands out and shows the players can do it.

I get that KDZ and would completely agree apart from the way we approached the first 10 games.
Also the Villa performance stands out and shows the players can do it.

The thing is i thought Cook came across as being genuine when he said he hasn't been changing the tactics despite the fact the tactics look completley unrecognisable. So it just makes me think the performances (good or bad) are more haphazard with the players pretty much given tge same instruction but doing whatever rather than the result of his instructions changing and being carried out.