Afghanistan n/g | Page 8 | Vital Football

Afghanistan n/g

Would you put your loved ones in a inflatable dinghy to cross one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world ?
No, I'd go on the P&O or Eurostar if I was crossing the channel.

Busiest shipping lane in the world - you make it sound like the M25. Look out to the sea when you are next at the beach, and see how many ships you see. There's plenty of room for a small boat. It's 500, 800, 1,000 that are coming in some days. How many boats is that?

Do you remember the frogger game ?

Those big old container ships aren't slowing down or manoeuvring out the way of those dinghies - if they even see them.

Glad its not my loved ones doing it.

Paris sends in the "Legio Patria Nostra" with their white Kepis - but remember, don`t tell em yer name Monsieur Pike -as the Legion always gets the blame...

Sergeant Markov (Peter Ustinov)

" From now on, you will march until you drop, and when you have dropped, you will crawl. Some may consider that I am excessively cruel, but there is a reason for this cruelty:

I enjoy it!"

"John Pilger on the takeover of the Taliban in Afghanistan. He calls the US military a killing machine and discusses why the Afghanistan War must be viewed through the lens of Western imperialism, the scale of civilian casualties and destruction of Afghanistan by NATO countries, how the US created today’s situation by supporting Afghan jihadist forces against the Soviet Union throughout the Cold War, the social progress and progressive reform lost to history with the fall of the Soviet-backed PDPA government in Afghanistan..."

A most excellent piece.

Irony:
interesting that some people argue that muslims should not be allowed here due to the trouble it can bring but castigate China who are doing something about the same problems in their own country.

not saying i agree or disagree with either lol.

There is a difference between arguing to restrict the number of people from a country deemed to have an incompatable culture and actually attempting to genocide a group of people based on their religion.

I don't think any of those calling for restricting the numbers of asylum seekers are actually calling for British Muslims to be rounded up and stuck in prision camps and be "re-educated".

Lol, I posted the wrong video! Apologies. Though Jonathan Pie is great.

I meant to post the Russel Brand one. I don't normally much like him but I thought this good. This is what I meant to post:

Preferred the RT piece.
This guy is just a shouty knob.

How did you get on with the white privilege test ?

What's the RT piece?

I'm aware that I have white privilege and I:m also aware that I'm not always aware when I'm benefitting from it.

I don't think I'll take internet test. Sorry.

Last edited:
Lol, I posted the wrong video! Apologies. Though Jonathan Pie is great.

I meant to post the Russel Brand one. I don't normally much like him but I thought this good. This is what I meant to post:

Just watched the video.
What conclusions did you come to Bud ?

Can you buy sticking plasters in the same colour as your skin?

Well you can get plasters in a wide range of tones as per below. Whether or not it exactly matches your skin colour is another matter.

1631624832033.png
1631624857965.png

1631624982703.png

Plus do the vast majority of non white people actually care about the colour of the plaster if they are bleeding?? The only people who seemed to care are activists who see racism everywhere. I think overwhelmingly most non-white people see this as a first world problem.

So black people could potentially also benefit from white privilege, if they score over 13? Curiouser and curiouser

So black people could potentially also benefit from white privilege, if they score over 13? Curiouser and curiouser

Non-white people aren't intended to take the test as any benefits from "white privilege" is purely a coincidence and they are still oppressed by the evil white overlords.

Non-white people aren't intended to take the test as any benefits from "white privilege" is purely a coincidence and they are still oppressed by the evil white overlords.
This is the test (it was on another thread)

http://monitoracism.eu/check-yourself-the-white-privilege-test/

Can't see anything to say it is only for whites? I went through it as a "person of colour" - had to guess obviously, but with the plasters and greeting cards, I honestly reckon you could be looking at scores of around 15/26, if you are poc and live in London.

Ok, curiosity got the better of me and I took the test. I took it twice though, first time answering it as a white English person and the second time as a new traveller.

The first set of answers were predominantly, 'Yes', the second set of answers featured a mixture of 'Yes' and 'No'.

Think it's a daft test though.