AFCW v WAFC | Vital Football

AFCW v WAFC

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Let's hope the announcement gives the players as much of a boost as it has to us fans and doesn't distract them from the job in hand.
I find it quite fitting that we are playing Wimbledon tonight, who've obviously gone through their own incredible resurrection journey to get to their current position and us playing them seems somehow fitting given that they have a phoenix as part of their clubs badge.

Not heard any team news yet - come on Ben ! I really hope Lang is fit after going off last match, his work rate and energy are a significant factor when we are playing well.

I'll go for an away win, but we all know football has a habit of kicking you in the nads when things start to look positive.

Looking forward to listening to Tommy Gore tonight, he'll be over the moon as we all are.
I'm going for another away win tonight, the players should be fired up and raring to go.
:wahey:

I might be getting carried away with myself here on the current wave of euphoria, but I'm going 3 nil to us and this will be the start of the sort of end of season run in we had last season, without the 12 point deduction of course.

Wimbledons past 19 games they've not scored more than 1 goal in a game except against us when they scored 3. Piggot is a good player at this level scoring 13 so far this season puts him 6th top scorer.

We don't need to be dominant or play a perfect game to be competitive in this league, we just need to be good. Good is enough to have a chance of beating any team in this division, no cheap goals make them earn anything they get and give them little time on the ball. Going for 1-0 win think they'll park it and we've struggled to be creative against deep teams. Hopefully the wide players can cause some problems.

We don't win six pointers and no Lang would be a killer. Park the bus, take a 0-0 and get away from there outside the bottom four.

With Lang out we will probably replace him with Keane. I think Aasgaard would be a better option, he has more energy and will run the channels better than Keane.

Other than that the only other change will probably see Wooton back in place of Johnston, which is bad luck for George as I think he is a very capable player and should be getting more game time.

I would happily take the draw and move on but I am hopeful we can do better and take the three points.

With Lang out we will probably replace him with Keane. I think Aasgaard would be a better option, he has more energy and will run the channels better than Keane.

Other than that the only other change will probably see Wooton back in place of Johnston, which is bad luck for George as I think he is a very capable player and should be getting more game time.

I would happily take the draw and move on but I am hopeful we can do better and take the three points.

Strong bench though

Cracking title Arthur, ... but 4.02 AM ?!!! o_O

My insomnia kicked in again, had managed about 4 hours sleep then woke up and couldn't get back off, too much whirring around in my head - mostly positive thoughts for the first time in months

That's not a phoenix, it's a 2 headed eagle

My mistake MB, I thought I'd read somewhere that is was symbolic of their rise from the ashes but I've probably jusmped to an assumption or read someone else's incorrect assumption and adopted it myself as fact.

Unfortunately lang ,out tonight but no other injury concerns," up The tic's"

Bugger, my worst fear for tonight , we just can't catch a break with ill timed injuries at the moment. We'll definitely miss his mobility, maybe put Dodoo (who does run about a lot) in behind Proctor and go Viv and Massey either side.