AFC Wimbledon | Vital Football

AFC Wimbledon

I am so very pleased for all those who had the belief to start again. Well done AFC Wimbledon. Time to get on with the move back to Plough Lane now.

Only saw the second half - but an interesting game - Wimbledon defended and countered well playing down the channels until the Beast came on and they went slightly more direct - he makes Matt Rhead look like a lightweight - insisted on taking the penalty at the end - probably his swansong as he has been released by Wimbledon.

collingham imps - 31/5/2016 08:40

Only saw the second half - but an interesting game - Wimbledon defended and countered well playing down the channels until the Beast came on and they went slightly more direct - he makes Matt Rhead look like a lightweight - insisted on taking the penalty at the end - probably his swansong as he has been released by Wimbledon.

Indeed, he had no choice but to take it and insist on doing so. I mean, who'd argue with him?

On a smaller scale, it reminded me of Rhead grabbing the ball at Braintree for the second of our two penalties, Power having missed the first.

I was there because I'm Plymouth born, and Argyle are my "other" team. So met up with a load of relatives down there. Huge fan turn out from the West Country but a lot of them day trippers so it was a strange atmosphere. Wembley is so big that it seems to suck out the noise. Had a drink with some Wimbledon fans, at Kings Cross. Good people and I'm pleased for them. Hope they stuff the Franchise next season.