Advice | Page 2 | Vital Football

Advice

villawill - 15/11/2012 11:45

TWICE in this thread i have seen 'apologize' - it's spelled 'APOLOGISE'!!!!

HEATHENS!

Sorry, as you were.[/QUOTE

Oops villawill yes it is spelt that way in the U.K. I have spelt it the U.S way!

I am not a heathen. It is the Yank coming out in me :17:

:7:
Bloody Americanisations! most definitely NOT Americanizations! :22:

Anyway, back on topic - Simmsy, i'd say you've pretty much got your answer from everyone's replies. Gotta bite the bullet & do what's right!

avfcsimmsy - 14/11/2012 16:21

Sooo you guys are like the yoda's of the real world and as most of you are older than me have probably seen and been through exactly what I am gong through right now well maybe not because you guys probz wouldn't have been as Stupid as i Was. so it only seems fit as my fellow villains that I come for advice from you, basically I moved in with a few very good friends 4 too be exact basically I lost my job and couldn't pay the rent instead of telling them this I just kept it to myself until rent day. They messaged me and called me asking where i was etc and I ignored them too ashamed to tell them the real reason as to why I was not there. and just left without a word I know this was the worst thing I could do now I live with my Nan and I have pretty much burnt every bridge possible with said friends, they now probably hate me which is quite understandable, I feel really bad about what I have done and kind of want to apologize etc for what I have done here comes the problem I am really proud so I struggle to say sorry even when I do wrong. Half of me wants to say sorry and half of me says no because as they say Pain is temporary pride is forever what do i do?

You will be surprised and amazed at how understanding people can be, they are your friends and unlike family.. friends wil stay with you through thick and thicker.

Also they will regain some respect for you as soon as you start paying back some of the money.

villawill - 15/11/2012 02:45

TWICE in this thread i have seen 'apologize' - it's spelled 'APOLOGISE'!!!!

HEATHENS!

Sorry, as you were.

Where I live apologize is correct and I will not apologize for spelling it that way.

Simmsy,
I lent a mate £600 to pay his rent .He was going to pay me back the following month.9 months later he gave it to me.
The bit that got on my tits was that he never mentioned it when we had a beer.I wasn`t bothered about waiting,but he never spoke about it.If he`d talked and explained what was going on,fair enough.......Anyway you get the picture.
Talk to them about it.Don`t let it fester.Now,not next week !

I sent them the message they said they appreciated the apology and paying them back would be a start. I'd rather pay them back asap anyway as I hate owing anything to anyone

cool, glad your mate/s responded.

we all make mistakes in life, apart from me as I'm purfect like you know... the measure of a man is how you make reparation for the mistakes!

For me, it is more about learning the lesson that you should always be honest with friends and family when you're in trouble or having problems.

Instead of making things worse they will almost always make things better.

obviously now Nimmo I have learned that lesson as they say young and Naive, I was but most certainly, I am no longer :) I have learned my lesson and will never make another mistake like it :)

The Fear - 14/11/2012 16:24

Nothing to do with pride mate. You know you've done wrong. You do owe them an apology and if you can't say it, write it down.

Takes a man to admit he fucked up and make amends. You need to do this. You NEED to.

Clear the air. If they don't accept your apology, fair enough, you tried.

Never easy to say sorry but seriously, more people should learn to say it!

If you don't say anything, you've totally lost those friends. If you say sorry and explain properly, you may just gain their respect back and more importantly, retain them as mates.

Nuff said.

avfcsimmsy - 15/11/2012 15:34

obviously now Nimmo I have learned that lesson as they say young and Naive, I was but most certainly, I am no longer :) I have learned my lesson and will never make another mistake like it :)

:59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59: :59:

If you believe that you really are naive! Dude, you are going to f up, it happens, you will do it many many times throughout your life, little ones, big ones, and even the occasional "oh f" these are the moments that mould us, the best advice you've already had, deal with it when it happens, straight away, don't let things fester, and have fun : )

avfcsimmsy - 15/11/2012 16:14

Indeed I did and it feels good :17:

I am really pleased it has turned out O.K. Oh you will make mistakes again. We all do. It's how we learn. Just you don't need to make this mistake again.

You will have learnt from this and be wiser. We all f up and when we ask for help guess what things get better so the pride than was really fear was a bogyman as I bet you wish you had done it ages ago. It's helped you learn a few more life's lessons and that is for the good.

Hey all thought I'd update you on the situation I have all the money and am going to arrange to meet the lads some time close :) :17: