Adomah And Thor Linked Out. Would You Sell? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Adomah And Thor Linked Out. Would You Sell?

I'd prefer to keep Albert but if he only has 1 year left on his contract and they are offering good money we have to look at it - especially if we could get another pacy winger in on loan. Thor is just a squad player really, he looks decent in some games in the DM role, but as soon as we come up against a team full of big units he fails to win many tackles. If we need to bring some money in for FFP, then they make sense.

Would keep Thor in the DM role Time to move on from Whelan & Jedinak there age is catching up fast will always produce some good displays but Thor has more energy and if given regular starts would look the part.

I seem to remember talk after the world cup, that some Turkish club was willing to offer Jedinak a two or three year deal.
Whatever happened to that deal?
As for Adomah, I would sell him and replace him with Marcus Maddison, who can play leftback, attacking midfield, second striker and rightwinger but, is predominately a leftwinger, meaning we could move Green across to his more natural rightwing.
With McGinn who is more a box-to-box player coming in and that being Thor's best position, in my opinion, I'd keep Thor at least until January. With games coming thick and fast, two or three in seven days in the championship, having two high energy box-to-box midfielders, pushing and covering each other because of injuries and bans, seems an ideal thing.
At least one of Whelan and Jedinak has to go.
Neither are particularly good at picking a pass and both are slow and getting slower.
With DeLaet looking fit and good in the rightwingback spot, along with Hutton, Bree and Corey Blackett also rightsided, i'd suggest it's time to move Elmohamady on.
Now the big surprise, I'd bust a gut to get Nick Powell in and sell Kodjia.
I don't see the sense in bringing Isaac Success in. A leftwinger, see the reasons I suggested getting Marcus Maddison.
He's got no confidence left, after only scoring one goal in two years hardly surprising and all we could do is build his confidence for another club to benefit from.
We do need at least one centreback with some experience. I've been championing Dan Burn but, we could well be too late for that.

Why are we looking to move anyone out when Bruce only said the other day we need five or six in? Don't get me wrong, I think the squad is too big (with too many high earners who don't play).

But I can't see why we want to get rid of anyone (apart from McCormack and Richards). It's a long old season. Maybe Bjarnason wants to move on for more regular football?

id sell them both if we have a few quality players to bring in AA seems to have lost his way i little towards the end of last season and thor is a bit part part player

I wouldn't sell either.

Albert - I'd drop him and see if he comes back strong again, plus he needs another contract. It would also encourage a better offer if any came in for him.

Thor - I wouldn't sell him either. I feel he is a better bet as a defensive midfielder than Jedi who is too slow now.

Thor yes - dont get me wrong, I like him, and I would have him in the team, but I am not Steve Bruce and he clearly likes Whelan and Jedinak more. Now add McGinn and it means Thor is 4th choice.

He is a player we can get at least a few million for, and if he isn't going to play - its good business.

Adomah - no. 1. it strengthens Boro. 2. Although he hasn't been spectacular since March, he works tirelessly. On Monday he was sprinting back 70 yards to cover Taylor time and time again until he was so knackered he couldn't move. He got knackered by Feb last year (as Snodgrass) , we need to rotate Adomah, Elmo, Grealish and Green depending on fitness and match situation to stop it happening again

One experienced DM to play a fair amount of the time when appropriate is OK. But we really shouldn't be keeping both Jedi and Whelan at the expense of younger players. Whelan looked fit and raring to go in pre-season, and he'd get my vote. I think Whelan and Barney complement each other nicely.

There might be a case for keeping Jedi as a backup CB, but it's not strong. There was a report that he'd been told if he could find a club we'd let him go for peanuts. Would be a good idea. No way should Barney be sacrificed to keep both Jedi and Whelan here.