Adomah And Thor Linked Out. Would You Sell? | Vital Football

Adomah And Thor Linked Out. Would You Sell?

Think I'd be tempted to cash in, Uncle Albert is great when scoring but his form has really dropped off.

Birkir? I'd go if I was him, IF he can't get some assurances of first team football. He's 30, he needs to be playing.

Thoughts?

I would definitely sell Thor.

He's done ok in patches but I can't imagine he'll want to be a bit part player again this season.

With McGinn and Tuanzebe coming in, and Whelan and Jedi already here, his chances are limited.... plus we have Doyle-Hayes chomping at the bit too.

If we can get some money for him it could be the best move for club and player.

Adomah... I'd keep. Not only coz he's a good player, but he's also supposedly very good in the dressing room and a fun character.

Having lost Terry and Snoddy it's important we keep some characters around the club.

Think I'd be tempted to cash in, Uncle Albert is great when scoring but his form has really dropped off.

Birkir? I'd go if I was him, IF he can't get some assurances of first team football. He's 30, he needs to be playing.

Thoughts?

Yes, I agree.

I would sell both we have to be seen trying to balance the books they wouldn't be that great a miss and with Mcginn coming in he looks the sort who could comfortably compensate for Alberts goals.

That's the thing gator, if we are keeping Jack especially, the books still need balancing.

I like Albert but I would sell him, I dont think he looked anything like his normal self towards the back end of the season, and picked up where he left off at Hull. Football is a confidence thing, and his looks very low at the moment. Plus talk on here that Bruce wont extend his contract.
Thor I would keep. I think he was under used last season and given a run will be an asset.

If we can get Ojo (or someone similar) on loan then I would sell Albert, assuming we get a reasonable offer. We are not blessed with much pace/wingers so we would need to replace Albert.

I think we should sell 1 of the 3 defensive midfielders (my preference would be Jedinak). Bjarnason is probably the easiest to sell, but I can't see us getting more than £1.5-2m.

I agreen with wittonite.

I like Albert but he had that golden spell when he couldn't stop scoring but other than that has been very hit and miss would rather put my faith in Green now.

If we could get a good fee for him and have a replacement lined up then I'd sell Albert. He had his best ever season last year and tailed off towards the end. He's 30, probably on big money for the championship and isn't going to improve.

Thor I'm not so sure of. Again he's 30 and isn't going to improve but whenever he's played in that defensive midfield position he's looked good. But Bruce obviously prefers Jedinak and Whelan. In all honesty I wouldn't be devastated if any or even 2 of those 3 were sold. Especially if it means JDH gets more of a go.

So we sell everyone who has a dip in form? Jeez we'll have nobody left, everyone has dips in form.
It looks more fundemantal than a dip Deano. He is not the player that he was in the spell that sirdennis refers to.
His pace seems to have gone, he gets alongside players then cant get away and hes 31 in a few months time. Just doesnt seem the same player.

I'd keep both.

Albert is one of those players who does a lot of work without being noticed. I think temperamentally he's a winger, not a striker; his comfort zone is creating for others. He always looks to pass. When he had his purple patch there were no real "others" and he took responsibility for scoring. If we could get him to do that even when there are others he'd be a hell of a player for us. Whatever, he links up with Jack pretty well.

Thor has injected some much needed positive thinking whenever he has played, whether he's been a DM or further forwards. So long as he's played centrally and not on the wing he's been good for us. I'd rather sell Jedi, who spends too much time injured and insists on still playing for Australia. Having a choice between Whelan and Thor for DM would be good for us; thought Whelan looked good, and fit, in pre-season, but don't think he can play to his best when it's 2 matches per week.

McGinn has yet to prove himself. Comes with a very good reputation, but you get very little time on the ball in the Championship, and the opposition comes in hard. Could take him a while to find his feet.