ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE: | Page 2 | Vital Football

ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE:

Swindon, their job is to sell the club ....... Not play PR gurus like in Ab Fab.

If they tell us feck all until a deal's done, then personally, don't give a toss.
Their job too sell the club or sell everything untill nowts left ?

Not disputing the young lads are doing a great job, but you can tell PR is not the admin’s strong point. They should be holding regular briefings with our local media giving our local journalists the latest information and the opportunity to ask questions off the back of it. What we have at the moment is Harry and his excitable sidekick Jay with a hotline to Paul Stanley via Twitter feeding back short snippets similar to everyone’s favourite man in the know Nixon. And because there is no information coming out apart from sporadic statements on the website everyone is lapping it up and hoping every tour of the estate is an imminent new owner (sorry Mooney). Sorry to sound off, but I want proper updates from the administrators not snapshot Twitter updates from two budding sports reporters who are doing it on social media from their bedrooms.
There is still some Comms capacity at the club because we are still getting the odd update on the website so let’s put that to good use by giving us some video updates from Stanley or a Q&A on the website where they answer fans’ concerns in an open and honest way. Stanley and Krasner could even do a Facebook live Q&A one lunchtime

You are diagnosing the issue correctly but I think putting the cause of it as Admins fault rather than the local press is the wrong way round. Admin are clearly happy to talk and if only Harry and Jay are engaging them then Admin will just tell them rather than chasing the local press to do their job. At other clubs admin probably spoke to the local press rather than young journalism students but at other clubs they probably had a more active and engaged local press so there was no need.

The local press has always been poor - admin hasn't changed that just highlighted how bad it it. If local press was up to scratch Harry and Jay wouldn't get the opportunity they have - just servicing the gap in the market.

Their job too sell the club or sell everything untill nowts left ?
Ideally, the former. Obviously.

If they sell the club, but one of the training grounds goes, and the chippy too, then is that too bad an outcome?

Plus the new owner. Would have to pass the fit and proper test. And I’m sure the Efl will drag that on as long as they can. Wasted 500 g on that

You are diagnosing the issue correctly but I think putting the cause of it as Admins fault rather than the local press is the wrong way round. Admin are clearly happy to talk and if only Harry and Jay are engaging them then Admin will just tell them rather than chasing the local press to do their job. At other clubs admin probably spoke to the local press rather than young journalism students but at other clubs they probably had a more active and engaged local press so there was no need.

The local press has always been poor - admin hasn't changed that just highlighted how bad it it. If local press was up to scratch Harry and Jay wouldn't get the opportunity they have - just servicing the gap in the market.
If I was advising Stanley I would be telling him to dial down the social interaction and do it more professionally. I don’t know how good the local media is as I live 165 miles away and the snippets I get off Wigan Today are not really an accurate gauge of their coverage

Plus the new owner. Would have to pass the fit and proper test. And I’m sure the Efl will drag that on as long as they can. Wasted 500 g on that

Hindsight is a truly wonderful thing, glad to see you've joined that elite club John - The Hindsight Brigade.
Wonder what you'd be saying if they had be successful in the appeal. IMHO the appeal had to be done otherwise they'd have been slated for not exploring all possibilities or chances to get the points overturned.

Hindsight is a truly wonderful thing, glad to see you've joined that elite club John - The Hindsight Brigade.
Wonder what you'd be saying if they had be successful in the appeal. IMHO the appeal had to be done otherwise they'd have been slated for not exploring all possibilities or chances to get the points overturned.
Posted on here. As soon as the bookies payed out on Barnsley staying up and us going down. And they did. Day after the Fulham game. That was our chance gone. No way could they overturn that I thought we had a chance up to that point.

I only want to hear from the administrators from now until the 31st if we have a buyer. I don’t need pointless updates on meaningless waffle everyday from some kiddies on social media. When they have something important to say (like today), release a statement on the site. End of story.

Just wondering - if the potential buyers are standing by while the admins are fire selling assets which could be sold for much more out of admin - why did the admins spunk 500k on an appeal to keep us in the championship 🤔

I only want to hear from the administrators from now until the 31st if we have a buyer. I don’t need pointless updates on meaningless waffle everyday from some kiddies on social media. When they have something important to say (like today), release a statement on the site. End of story.
We agree on summat C_Latic.
:cheers:

Just wondering - if the potential buyers are standing by while the admins are fire selling assets which could be sold for much more out of admin - why did the admins spunk 500k on an appeal to keep us in the championship 🤔

Because the world and his wife (outside of those connected to the EFL ......... and Barnsley) thought we had a bloody good shot at getting the penalty reduced.

If admin said nothing folks would be critical of them for keeping us in the dark (much like our past owners) so I don't think we should be critical for them trying to be open and let us know what they can.

I dont understand why potential buyers are standing by watching these players sold for peanuts
Unless there is no potential buyers and we are being mugged off

Looks very much like the admins are trying to sell off as many of the assets as possible to bring the running costs and sale price down.

This looks to me as though the club will be sold for a peppercorn sum with the new owners using the £10 million assets they have proven to have to keep the club going until the gates open and we can get some income into the club.

A £1 deal is looking more and more likely and if that is proven to be the outcome then Au Yeung/Choi would get sod all.

To achieve that sort of deal I think they would need to clear the football creditors and come to an arrangement with the non football creditors which if the disputed loan figure is taken out means we need to raise approx 7.5 million to avoid another 15 point penalty.

Given we are selling players like it is going out of fashion we might just raise that sort of figure.

Because the world and his wife (outside of those connected to the EFL ......... and Barnsley) thought we had a bloody good shot at getting the penalty reduced.
Get that 100% but if none of these alledged buyers can afford to fund in L1 why bother as they certainly wouldn't have been able to manage in the champ.
Despite the rights and wrongs if the admins had come clean on this and not challenged don't think most would have had a problem with it

Get that 100% but if none of these alledged buyers can afford to fund in L1 why bother as they certainly wouldn't have been able to manage in the champ.
Despite the rights and wrongs if the admins had come clean on this and not challenged don't think most would have had a problem with it

I think there's a massive difference between the two divisions - TV money for a start.

We may still have had to cut our cloth, but we'd be doing that without being bent over a barrel.

I think you are reading too much into the stand off Hampton. The buyers will not commit themselves until they think the rock bottom price has been reached, that's the way it works. Regardless of which division we were in they would still be waiting for the admins to blink and the lowest price to be negotiated.

On the other hand the admins are now upping the ante by setting a final date and putting the pressure back on the prospective buyers to come forward with solid proposals.

It's a game of chicken with the future of the club at stake. Unpalatable as that may seem, that's the reality of purchasing a business.