ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE: | Vital Football

ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE:

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
ADMINISTRATORS UPDATE:

RE: INTERESTED BUYERS

- 4 interested parties, all had a contract.

- One was shown around everything today.

- Admins working on a 'Plan B' with supporters group if we were to pass the deadline without being taken over. https://t.co/zFFDl5DZLs

Someone did but he didn't reply
Not really happy news coming out on Twitter from Admin through a third party

Parking the "all had a contract" statement (as we don't really know what it means), I'd view someone being given a tour as a promising thing.

As I've said before, all of this may come to shite, but I'm buggered if I'm going to think that way until that day arrives.

Paul Cook & team didn't chuck in the towel, and neither should we .................... and yes, I do understand how that isn't a great analogy, given their eventual "failure", but it's the belief I'm referencing.

Last edited:
The "all had a contract" probably means that the admins have given all parties a copy of the contract they are looking to sell the club on. As none of the parties have asked for exclusivity then this would be normal procedure. This will give all parties the option to look over the contract and complete due diligence without having to lodge the 100k deposit for exclusivity.

Parking the "all had a contract" statement (as we don't really know what it means), I'd view someone being given a tour as a promising thing.

As I've said before, all of this may come to shite, but I'm buggered if I'm going to thin that way until that day arrives.

Paul Cook & team didn't chuck in the towel, and neither should we .................... and yes, I do understand how that isn't a great analogy, given their eventual "failure", but it's the belief I'm referencing.

Well said moonay there is nobody more passionate than me about Wigan Athletic I'll never give up on us I've come too far for that

Someone did but he didn't reply
Not really happy news coming out on Twitter from Admin through a third party
It’s pretty amateurish the administrators are happy to give official updates to a trainee journalist who is still at college. Nothing personal to Harry, fair play to him for using his initiative 👍

It’s pretty amateurish the administrators are happy to give official updates to a trainee journalist who is still at college. Nothing personal to Harry, fair play to him for using his initiative 👍

Why's that Swindon? They obviously know him, from all the investigation work. He asked, and maybe they're just happy to give updates of what they consider "irrelevant information". It doesn't actually disclose or tell us anything.

Where's the harm.

When all's said and done, we need to raise something like £6.5m (per my limited understanding) to pay creditors 25p in the pound. We can do that with player sales. That creates a 'clean slate' for a new buyer, and at that point they take what they can get for the club.

Someone will take that deal. I'm not overly concerned that the club will continue... Just what state it'll be in after all this is done. No players left and a transfer ban puts us in freefall barring some sort of miracle. Hopefully one of the interested parties will be happy to proceed, but just doesn't want to put down a non refundable £100k deposit, which is understandable until they know exactly what the score is.

As I've said before, all of this may come to shite, but I'm buggered if I'm going to think that way until that day arrives.

Brilliant post sums my feelings up too.

I was talking to a Swansea fan earlier in the week (I'm on holiday in Devon at the moment) and he reckoned Hugh Jenkins was rumoured to be in the mix for Latics (Swansea rumour mill). When he bought Swansea, he got the club for a quid and sold it for a fortune having spent about 15 years building it up at a sensible rate. Someone with a plan like that would do nicely, and much as I was never a huge fan of Jenkins personally, can't fault the way he ran the club... He must've been getting something right because since he sold it they've gone to rat poo.

Or is it more amateurish of the local press that we are relying on the kids from collage to ask the question and get the updates?

Admin looking to keep fans informed and need to tell someone - if the young lads are the ones asking they will get the scoop - they are exploiting the gap in the market that wouldn't be there if local press was on the ball.

The kids doing it for free off theor own backs are showing up the paid professionals who's job it is.

Or is it more amateurish of the local press that we are relying on the kids from collage to ask the question and get the updates?

Admin looking to keep fans informed and need to tell someone - if the young lads are the ones asking they will get the scoop - they are exploiting the gap in the market that wouldn't be there if local press was on the ball.

The kids doing it for free off theor own backs are showing up the paid professionals who's job it is.

From a professional point of view it should be like Christmas for Kendrick. It’s a massive local story but sadly he’s been next to useless. More interested in virtue signalling than getting stuck into this story. Contrast him to Marc Iles when Bolton were in the shit. Gave up on twitter a week ago, so maybe he’s improved, but I’d be bloody amazed if he had.

Am pretty sure Cook did throw the towel in - he's not taking training at Euxton !

Not disputing the young lads are doing a great job, but you can tell PR is not the admin’s strong point. They should be holding regular briefings with our local media giving our local journalists the latest information and the opportunity to ask questions off the back of it. What we have at the moment is Harry and his excitable sidekick Jay with a hotline to Paul Stanley via Twitter feeding back short snippets similar to everyone’s favourite man in the know Nixon. And because there is no information coming out apart from sporadic statements on the website everyone is lapping it up and hoping every tour of the estate is an imminent new owner (sorry Mooney). Sorry to sound off, but I want proper updates from the administrators not snapshot Twitter updates from two budding sports reporters who are doing it on social media from their bedrooms.
There is still some Comms capacity at the club because we are still getting the odd update on the website so let’s put that to good use by giving us some video updates from Stanley or a Q&A on the website where they answer fans’ concerns in an open and honest way. Stanley and Krasner could even do a Facebook live Q&A one lunchtime

Swindon, their job is to sell the club ....... Not play PR gurus like in Ab Fab.

If they tell us feck all until a deal's done, then personally, don't give a toss.