Administration / WASC | Page 4 | Vital Football

Administration / WASC

Seems a bit naive in my opinion mate. None of them of them can lie straight in bed. Accept that and the disappointment in them should abate.

You see, I don't agree. Cameron, May, Major, ... even Thatcher, ... I may not have agreed some of their politics, but I'd no reason to believe that any of them deliberately lied - flat out lied - in the HoC.

Johnson has. I can't prove it, but the whole country know he has. You can't read extracts from that report and credibly believe otherwise.

He's found sufficient wriggle room to justify his own position (there for work etc etc ) but to say that "no rules were broken" (to use his pompous style) plainly pure poppycock.

To lump all MPs together, and to suggest they're all as bad as each other, just so as the antics of the worst can be considered to be "reasonable" is frankly bollocks.

Lots may well not be as good as we'd hope and expect, but by no means all ... and the man in the top job seems to be the worst of the lot.

You see, I don't agree. Cameron, May, Major, ... even Thatcher, ... I may not have agreed some of their politics, but I'd no reason to believe that any of them deliberately lied - flat out lied - in the HoC.

Johnson has. I can't prove it, but the whole country know he has. You can't read extracts from that report and credibly believe otherwise.

He's found sufficient wriggle room to justify his own position (there for work etc etc ) but to say that "no rules were broken" (to use his pompous style) plainly pure poppycock.

To lump all MPs together, and to suggest they're all as bad as each other, just so as the antics of the worst can be considered to be "reasonable" is frankly bollocks.

Lots may well not be as good as we'd hope and expect, but by no means all ... and the man in the top job seems to be the worst of the lot.

As someone pointed out above, the scrutiny via social media in particular means politicians are far more in the spotlight than ever. Furthermore, msm are fuelling the fire and consequently there is also more division and hatred in the country than ever before. Going wider, ever since Trump took office media efforts to discredit and remove elected officials or overturn democratic results such as the EU referendum result is remarkable. There is nothing covert about it and they don’t hide their intentions. Impartiality and balance has gone out of the window.

I’ll use the same word again, naive, if you think previous politicians behaviour, words, actions etc were beyond reproach. If you believe Johnson has lied then that is clearly your prerogative. I appreciate you say you can’t prove it, but lmb says he can, so hopefully he’ll enlighten us all shortly.

Thought I'd come back to see if the Kay Burley thread had gone back to the original topic only to discover that the same people have now taken over this thread as well to argue the same Left wing/Right wing bile!Why on god's earth does every thread end up the same!!

Thought I'd come back to see if the Kay Burley thread had gone back to the original topic only to discover that the same people have now taken over this thread as well to argue the same Left wing/Right wing bile!Why on god's earth does every thread end up the same!!

Every thread doesn't Exiled. In fact, the vast majority don't.

I'm not sure how much mileage there was in a thread about a journalist (granted, a local one) but surely, given that she makes her living from interviewing politicians, it's hardly surprising that the discussion has gone the way it has.

Every thread doesn't Exiled. In fact, the vast majority don't.

I'm not sure how much mileage there was in a thread about a journalist (granted, a local one) but surely, given that she makes her living from interviewing politicians, it's hardly surprising that the discussion has gone the way it has.
That's fairly understandable Moonay but why move the same conversation onto the Admin/SC thread as well?

So you agree that it should be questioned, but that there should be a limit on how far someone should take it. That's quite a strange response.

Where and when is the limit that people should stop, could it be when the answers have been forthcoming and a satisfactory resolution found. Which in this case has not happened and therefore are you suggesting that Wlatic should give up and allow the questions to go unanswered.

Would you accept the same for "partygate" ?

In my opinion there is no difference between finding out the truth about what happened behind closed doors at No10 and finding out the truth about how funds donated by the public were utilised by the Admins and latterly the SC.

Are you advocating one rule for one and another for the other?

You do have a right to your opinion and the right to express it but the sentence below from your initial post is what is in my opinion objectionable.

" it appears that you are motivated by a sense of your own self importance and bloody mindedness. Time to move on."

I would say that the terms "self importance" and "bloody mindedness" used in this context are disrespectful.

I tend to agree with your last sentence that the investigation into the sleaze in government has gone far enough and am sure that most people in the country have had enough, but I seriously doubt that the opposition parties are minded to let it lie.
The fact that you can’t differentiate the vast difference between “partygate” and the first crowd fund donations to WASC speaks volumes. There is a world of difference, and if, as you say, people think the actions of the government and its officers should be brushed under the carpet then it’s no wonder the country is in the state it’s in currently

That's fairly understandable Moonay but why move the same conversation onto the Admin/SC thread as well?
From what I can see its a purposeful deflection off topic. TB rightly called someone out for having "rule for thee, not for me" and hence "they" decided to take it off topic.

This would have been a good place for anyone else with ideas and/or who have made progress to update (even if the thread died out for a couple weeks/months/years etc. only to be dug up)

The fact that you can’t differentiate the vast difference between “partygate” and the first crowd fund donations to WASC speaks volumes. There is a world of difference, and if, as you say, people think the actions of the government and its officers should be brushed under the carpet then it’s no wonder the country is in the state it’s in currently

The main difference is you've decided there is a difference and TB has decided there is not.

Last edited:

Not guilty there Exiled.

Politics were brought up on the thread by Hindley, when giving an opinion about the SC committee ... after that, shit happens !

Again though, the thread has served it's purpose ... Wlatics started it to give us an update on his challenge to the SC & Admins. It was never going to be one where loads more content would be posted.

From what I can see its a purposeful deflection off topic. TB rightly called someone out for having "rule for thee, not for me" and hence "they" decided to take it off topic.

This would have been a good place for anyone else with ideas and/or who have made progress to update (even if the thread died out for a couple weeks/months/years etc. only to be dug up)

Don't disagree there Wlatic is it was going to be weeks, ... but if it were to be months (or God forbid years !) it's probably easier to start a new thread.

More name calling. Anyone would think you were 11.

I'm Sec of our cricket club, and through last season's lockdown, we had to be very careful on how we managed the bar. Occasionally, either the payers or supporters did stuff that was against the rules: loitered in the bar, too many in changing room, went into scorebox, too many in the toilets, etc.

I - and the rest of the committee - did our best to stop this, and make sure that when we saw the rules being broken, we righted the situation. We got stick for it, but we thought it had to be done.

If we could see such scenarios, it stretches credibility beyond belief that that the PM couldn't. As I say, no proof from me, but more and more MPs seem to have seen theirs.

Moonay / MiW / TB etc....think Exiled has a fair point........why move the same conversation onto the Admin/SC thread as well....
Can we not just keep it on the Kay Burley thread guys????

More name calling. Anyone would think you were 11.

I'm Sec of our cricket club, and through last season's lockdown, we had to be very careful on how we managed the bar. Occasionally, either the payers or supporters did stuff that was against the rules: loitered in the bar, too many in changing room, went into scorebox, too many in the toilets, etc.

I - and the rest of the committee - did our best to stop this, and make sure that when we saw the rules being broken, we righted the situation. We got stick for it, but we thought it had to be done.

If we could see such scenarios, it stretches credibility beyond belief that that the PM couldn't. As I say, no proof from me, but more and more MPs seem to have seen theirs.

With all due respect, I think the PM had more on his plate than monitoring have many people where taking a piss at the same time.

As for the term remoaner - if the cap fits. All this bile, hatred, loathing, animosity, division, hysteria etc against the PM stems from the EU referendum result. It’s a pity, that even after all these years they can’t respect this democratic vote and still hold grudges.

I'm done Jock .... little point in responding further .....though like I said to Exiled, the thread seemed to have served its purpose from Wlatic's opening post.

You seem to misunderstand my reply.

I am not comparing "partygate" with Wlatics efforts I am merely saying that both deserve to be answered and regardless of whether you believe one is not as important as the other both should receive the same scrutiny or we fall into the net of being accused of double standards, which incidentally is precisely what I am saying you are applying.

You simply cannot say that one should be investigated and the other dropped, which you appear to be doing.