Admin update | Page 3 | Vital Football

Admin update

There is no way Morsy is going to stay around on half his wages. He will be off to wherever Cooky ends up. We will be down to the bare bones and will have to start again with some lads from the academy stepping up to the first team squad. Others who will leave will be Marshall, Kipre, Garner and possibly Pearce. It will be a brand new team for us. But maybe that won’t be a bad thing as it will be a fresh start and a new era. I just hope we keep that academy going

Marshall.....There might not be many who want a 35 year old keeper unless its a free? Again, this is not a usual transfer window. Teams are going to be reluctant to pay for players with no revenue coming in. Garner has just signed a new deal and has not been in the first team.....Who is buying him? Same for Pearce. I am just referencing what was said on the video. They openly said not all players are going to go. I never said Kipre would stay. I'm making the point that 5 player sales could net us 8-10 mill in the next 2 weeks. Granted that might not all be up front.
Cook lost out on both the Bristol and Birmingham jobs. So Morsy following him sounds reasonable but Cook needs to get a job first. I'm just making the point that apparently the wage bill was cut in half by relegation. 4/5 player sales plus Cook going puts us in a much better position.

Just on the admins, away from the player side of things, just chatting to a friend who knows a member of our youth coaching set up who was offered new (less) terms than he was on, but hadn;t signed until outcome of the appeal was known

Marshall.....There might not be many who want a 35 year old keeper unless its a free? Again, this is not a usual transfer window. Teams are going to be reluctant to pay for players with no revenue coming in. Garner has just signed a new deal and has not been in the first team.....Who is buying him? Same for Pearce. I am just referencing what was said on the video. They openly said not all players are going to go. I never said Kipre would stay. I'm making the point that 5 player sales could net us 8-10 mill in the next 2 weeks. Granted that might not all be up front.
Cook lost out on both the Bristol and Birmingham jobs. So Morsy following him sounds reasonable but Cook needs to get a job first. I'm just making the point that apparently the wage bill was cut in half by relegation. 4/5 player sales plus Cook going puts us in a much better position.
These players will go for nowt because we won’t be able to afford their current contracts and they won’t stick around with their wages slashed in half. They will ask for free moves and we will grant them free moves because we will want them off the wage bill (not the saleable assets like Kipre et al, the players like Garner). This isn’t like the last time we were in League 1 where we had the highest wage bill in the division and David Sharpe was playing Championship manager with his Grandads money. We will have to cut our cloth, especially with a wage cap and a supposed transfer ban which only allows us frees and loans. I would forget about the current Latics team as you know it because I would be amazed if it wasn’t a whole new team next season with Jonesy at the helm and Boycey as his number two. What I would say though is that even with a drastically reduced playing budget, we will be an attractive club for the better League 1 standard players and if we get a manager in with good contacts we may be able to get some decent loans. I was devastated yesterday but IF we can get the right owners in and we get a manager in who can unite the fans, maybe next season we can all be together at the DW and cheer our new team on. UTFT!!

Was just thinking this as he was just announced Player's Player of the Season by wigan so yeah he gone

I really like Nathan Byrne dont forget its only 2 years ago he was fans player of year. However what stops Nathan being a premiership player in my opinion is his poor final ball in. Time and time again he fails to get a good cross in but on the occasions he does he makes goals. Top pro though

These players will go for nowt because we won’t be able to afford their current contracts and they won’t stick around with their wages slashed in half. They will ask for free moves and we will grant them free moves because we will want them off the wage bill (not the saleable assets like Kipre et al, the players like Garner). This isn’t like the last time we were in League 1 where we had the highest wage bill in the division and David Sharpe was playing Championship manager with his Grandads money. We will have to cut our cloth, especially with a wage cap and a supposed transfer ban which only allows us frees and loans. I would forget about the current Latics team as you know it because I would be amazed if it wasn’t a whole new team next season with Jonesy at the helm and Boycey as his number two. What I would say though is that even with a drastically reduced playing budget, we will be an attractive club for the better League 1 standard players and if we get a manager in with good contacts we may be able to get some decent loans. I was devastated yesterday but IF we can get the right owners in and we get a manager in who can unite the fans, maybe next season we can all be together at the DW and cheer our new team on. UTFT!!

Again, i'm not disputing that is likely, however Admins on the video have a different opinion. Its all good and well saying the players won't take the cut, but they need to find clubs to take them and that isn't guaranteed given the climate.

I really like Nathan Byrne dont forget its only 2 years ago he was fans player of year. However what stops Nathan being a premiership player in my opinion is his poor final ball in. Time and time again he fails to get a good cross in but on the occasions he does he makes goals. Top pro though

Yeah I don't think he's premier league quality either but he should be championship quality for sure. Too good for L1 and if he stays with us, he'll show it again

Couldn’t agree with you more about his crossing - awful!

QUOTE="wafc4ever30, post: 2393729, member: 11405"]Again, i'm not disputing that is likely, however Admins on the video have a different opinion. Its all good and well saying the players won't take the cut, but they need to find clubs to take them and that isn't guaranteed given the climate.[/QUOTE] We will have to wait and see

We need Marshall out. I like him, but we've got two other keepers on far less wages than him who are more than adequate keepers at L1 level. Someone from the Championship will take him on a free.

As I've said previously, I'd be happy with us losing the whole squad if it meant keeping Morsy. I'd sell the training ground and any other property we have before selling Morsy. He should only be allowed to go in a last ditch desperation scenario unless someone makes a very good offer, rather than the peanuts we are currently receiving for our assets. It's not just his ability, but his leadership on and off the pitch. He can be the face of our rebuild and the man we build the club back around over the next few years. Ultimately though, it will be down to him and considering he's set to lose a truck load of money in wage cuts to play for a losing L1 team next season (if we even survive that long) it just isn't realistic to see him staying. I'd love to see Nathan Byrne stay as well, but again he'll have his suitors.

Seriously ......
Cooks wages were too much ........and we couldn't afford to hang on to him in case of compensation ........best all round.
We've only been allowed to sell players to Prem clubs (explains why only the young lads).
Still plenty of interest - he's confident we'll get a sale.
Pissed off we lost the appeal......he was confident. Reckons we did a good job.
Gregor Rioch and Leam Richardson (and JJ) being consulted on any player sales, but as it's our only income, he has the final say.

Baht it really.

In addition ....
Paul Stanley - Don't believe everything on social media. Things appearing that are/were rubbish.
A certain journalist on twitter blocked Paul Stanley (on twitter)
Paul Stanley rang him up and was unblocked

I had posted the whole interview on page 2 OLFE....... I just didn't bother to mention every single question.

I think he's @stantheelk

I had posted the whole interview on page 2 OLFE....... I just didn't bother to mention every single question.

I think he's @stantheelk

Yep. Fully aware of that. However, the link to the YouTube video (that I posted) starts just before the comment about the journalist blocking the admin on twitter and the comments about social media misinformation.
Quite easy to do and saves people watching the whole video.

Yep. Fully aware of that. However, the link to the YouTube video (that I posted) starts just before the comment about the journalist blocking the admin on twitter and the comments about social media misinformation.
Quite easy to do and saves people watching the whole video.
My apologies OLFE. I just saw that it was the whole 45 mins interview. I didn't realise you'd focused on a specific comment.

One good thing................... he's confirmed that Sean McGurk is going nowhere (currently at least). He may flourish in League 1.

My apologies OLFE. I just saw that it was the whole 45 mins interview. I didn't realise you'd focused on a specific comment.

One good thing................... he's confirmed that Sean McGurk is going nowhere (currently at least). He may flourish in League 1.
Dont know much about him is he a good prospect?

Does he state Mc Gurk isn't going during the interview, as I don't recall it ?