Adios Eric | Vital Football

Adios Eric

I not as gutted as some of you might be. He seems to read the game well, but I was never convinced because of his physical stature. We need to get him shifted quickly, and add whatever we get to the war chest towards a couple more CB's.

I not as gutted as some of you might be. He seems to read the game well, but I was never convinced because of his physical stature. We need to get him shifted quickly, and add whatever we get to the war chest towards a couple more CB's.
I know what you mean but, then again, he made no errors I can remember, and was/is by far and away our best partner for Laport.

With him gone, do we now keep Stones?

Shame. He has potential no doubt but if someone's heart isn't in the club there is no place for him. Best he goes early, we make some money and insert suitable clauses (buy back, sell on) into the deal.

I think the opportunity of playing for your home country club and another case of tapping up via media seems to be the way to go these days without repercussion

He has used our academy and is now set to be off, not really a surprise but lets get as much as we can for him now - although if Barca only offer say £20m then keep him for a year.

He hasn't had to agitate for a move, he's just said he won't be staying and we can either sell him now or give him away in 12 months. Almost as if Barca said to him 'go to City, get coached by PG, become a better player, don't sign a long term contract and before you know it we'll have you back and playing alongside Pique'. (sound familiar...?). Not sure the idea of having an academy was to strengthen our rivals...

Maybe if there wasn't the perpetual question mark over how long Pep is staying for then Garcia could be persuaded to stay. Perhaps in the future he'll be coached once more by Pep at Barca, who knows.