Adebayo-Smith to Reading? | Vital Football

Adebayo-Smith to Reading?

Didn't Akinola have a trial at Huddersfield and with their youth team before moving to them. Slightly different with an under contract 'senior' player I'd have thought but perhaps it's some kind of a trial otherwise you'd have thought there would have been an announcement by the club

Flashscore shows him playing first half in a 2-1 win for Reading U23's against Aston Villa. Premier League 2 so he has to be registered with them I believe to play in that competition

Strange that nothing has been mentioned about him.

seems to have become the forgotten man around Sincil Bank

he falls into that gap we have when a player graduates from the youth team, but is not immediately good enough for the first team. we currently have nowhere to progress him. similar to chapman.
roughan, bmust be an outstanding prospect, as he appears to have bridged that gap even before leaving the academy.

Along with a certain young CM

Yep, if you are talking about Ellis then in today’s world in surprised he hasn’t surfaced somewhere.

Seems strange to turn down a guaranteed income and still be without a club 2-3 weeks into the season.

Surely there has to be a fee. I know there's going to be one for Ellis if he signs somewhere else, which might be playing a factor into why nobody has signed him.

We won't get a huge fee but if he was on a professional contract rather than an academy player as I believe then we should have been able to negotiate some add ons etc. in addition to a bit of a fee surely.
Edit JAS I'm referring to.

he falls into that gap we have when a player graduates from the youth team, but is not immediately good enough for the first team. we currently have nowhere to progress him. similar to chapman.
roughan, bmust be an outstanding prospect, as he appears to have bridged that gap even before leaving the academy.
Totally agree hes too old for the academy not quite ready for the first team and with non league not starting yet hes probably made the right move

I would imagine we would waive an upfront fee to get him off the wage bill, maybe an appearances based fee and/or a sell on fee?

Yep, if you are talking about Ellis then in today’s world in surprised he hasn’t surfaced somewhere.

Seems strange to turn down a guaranteed income and still be without a club 2-3 weeks into the season.

Quite a few players seem to be without clubs (Posh's ex- Madison being one!)- wonder if this is agents pushing for higher wages etc when the money isn't there so the club just walks away and the player misses out on a contract? Chapman may, or may not, be another case in point.

That's interesting. JAS played against Reading in a pre-season friendly in Marbella on 20 July 2019; the Imps won 1-0 with an 89th-minute goal from Harry Anderson, but some databases show the scorer as Adebayo-Smith (which is wrong, it was Harry who scored). They were obviously impressed, though.

Just for the record, JAS signed a two-year contract with Lincoln on 29 June 2019. That means he is under contract at present and will attract a compensation fee, unless Lincoln released him first.

So he played as a trialist then?
Rob Makepeace said in his tweet he might even be released from his contract.