Addicts will always find a fix | Page 4 | Vital Football

Addicts will always find a fix

a match against Southampton this season is not a good barometer for next season, give over! Blackpool and Portsmouth beat us this season and they came from L2 and we went down from the Champ. a lot changes over a summer.

Forty six home games !!!!!! Kinell, that was good value for the price of the season ticket!

I'm not sure why you think you have to label me a happy clapper C_Latic ............ just because I don't feel the need to start off thinking and expecting the worst for next season.

I've said before, I always wonder if those who choose to focus on the negative do so in order that they can (eventually) be proven to be right. Every team - and yes, I mean every - will hit a rocky patch, or perform poorly sooner or later. Presumably, those who predict this in advance get a warm feeling through (as Brick might say) "stating the bleeding ovious".

Maybe that's why the atmosphere can often be poor in the stadium ..... too many fans expecting and waiting for the team to fail ........ just like they always knew they would.

im with the chet on this.

first if someones sarky you get the hump but when you are its an honest mistake.

if you dont see any pitfals or expecting a rogh ride for next seeson then your blind mate. thats happy claping. and im absolutly sure that cook is also looking at were we could come a cropper. what do they say. fail to prepare. prepare to fail.

chet was spot on with them teams as well. 2 second teams and a fluke akin to getting 6 hole in ones on the trot.

i think all that some are seying is that when its good lets party but dont get on are backs or bleedin whinge when somebody seys or comments that the preformance/pleyers/game plan/defence/ etc were crap. like you bleedin oviously stated. every teem will have a rocky patch or preform poorly.

I’m not expecting the worst though! I think we’ll do well, mainly because I rate our current manager and his backroom staff, certainly vastly higher than the previous group that took us into the Championship. But that doesn’t mean I don’t believe that work will have to be undertaken in summer to ensure that they achieve what they want to achieve. I suspect that watching us get our arses handed to us at home every other week is the reason for the atmosphere being flat at home in the Championship.

C_Latic, fair enough ......I think we'd all agree there'll need to be some work - I guess "how much" will depend on your assessment of the current team. With regards to the atmosphere, I was actually referring to this season. Until we go ahead, it's not exactly rocking.

Brick, I assume you meant that you're with C_Latic .....not The Chet. Honest mistake no doubt - not sure when you think I've had the hump though.

I never said I didn't see any pitfalls ......... just that there were other options rather than a comparison to the Southampton game.

I'm all for an honest assessment.

I'm all for an honest assessment.

and thats all anybody asks for these deys moonay. an honest asessment. not spring flowers and rose wine. im not seying lets all have a downer on are chances in the champeonship. just lets be real abuot are chances thats all. as c-latic said, there is work to be done. there are vareables like new owners. new pleyers. and we still hope that cook will still be with us cos if he goes then its new tactics/game plans/formateons etc and thatll take some getting used to. the thing abuot the champeonship is that time is a luxury teams dont have and if we start farting abuot mid term changing stuff abuot then its a slippery slope. and we all no what happens when doubt creeps in.

so yeah im looking forwerd to promteon. pleying with better pleyers and agenst better teams. but im under no iluseons that its going to be a togh ask especeally after wasting all are money over the past couple of years instead of using it to build.

sorry c-latic i did mean you in my last post. i agree with your asessments.