Addicts will always find a fix | Vital Football

Addicts will always find a fix

moonay

Vital Football Legend
Top of the league - can't whinge
Game in hand - can't whinge
Should be playing 4-4-2 (but we're top goalscorers) - can't whinge

(Whinger thinks to themself) "Bloody hell, I need to whinge about summat ..... I've been whinging about some/most of the players for ages, but they seem to keep on doing the business ........... what the hell am I going to do?............. ah ! ....... I know ......

Some of these players are never going to be able to hold their own next season ......... we'll need a yard sale .......... bloody rubbish Cook. "

Fix sorted.

We should be home and dry by now our home form has been abysmal since Christmas, (FA cup aside) same tactics and faces week in week out, anything less than top spot at 7.30pm on the 5th May will be classed as a failure.

Ive read somewhere that we have only beaten one team in the top ten at home.

Last edited:
There was a rumour circulating yesterday that the DW ticket office was responsible organising the timings for the red arrows parachute drop and that's why kick off ended up being delayed by five minutes. Not sure of the veracity of this claim but highly plausible nonetheless :eek:

Just imagine (Moody?) if we had have won all those home games like you suggest ........ .and we'd already have the title sewn up. We'd already be on 100+ points. That just doesn't happen. Our away form has been excellent. Why not ficus on that instead?

Whoever you beat is irrelevant. It's the total points you've gained throughout the entire campaign that wins you the title .Not beating the team(s) who finish just below you.

Also, I doubt if there's many who would see automatic promotion in 2nd as a failure. I fully agree that there may be some slight disappointment, but "a failure"?!

Sorry pal, but your post just goes to illustrate my point. I suggest you need to get a grip on how a league works.

First or second there really isn't a difference other than bragging rights. I think you even get a trophy now for finishing as runners up. Not a great game yesterday but I thought we looked fatigued and it was a good point given the position we're in and the few games left. Besides if we'd have already clinched it it would be a boring few weeks, whereas im genuinely looking forward to the remaining fixtures and the sense of achievement and pride that will come when we get over the line.

God help us next season in the championship if our home form stays the same we'll be relegated by Easter, winning your home games is the nucleus of a successful campaign if we cant hack it in this league i dont hold much hope next season IF we do go up.

God help us next season in the championship if our home form stays the same we'll be relegated by Easter, winning your home games is the nucleus of a successful campaign if we cant hack it in this league i dont hold much hope next season IF we do go up.
But then again, if our away form were to remain the same as this season, we'd be up for a place in the play offs.

By your own reckoning, you've completely invalidated the suggestion that "winning your home games is the nucleus of a successful campaign".
Not done too badly this season, have we?

But then again, if our away form were to remain the same as this season, we'd be up for a place in the play offs.

By your own reckoning, you've completely invalidated the suggestion that "winning your home games is the nucleus of a successful campaign".
Not done too badly this season, have we?

Do you think we are going to win as many away games in the championship as we have this season? You're in for a rude awakening son if you do.

Hold on. What you're saying is that you want to have your cake and eat it.

So, it's fine for you to assume that our poor home form will continue, but it's wrong for me to assume the same for the away form?

Like I say ............... an addict will always get their fix. Son.

By the same token Moody, do you reckon our home form won't improve?

Turn the argument whichever way you want but we will only find out at the end of next season.

There was a rumour circulating yesterday that the DW ticket office was responsible organising the timings for the red arrows parachute drop and that's why kick off ended up being delayed by five minutes. Not sure of the veracity of this claim but highly plausible nonetheless :eek:

Red arrows?

If we win this league there will be a fair chance Paul Cook will be snapped up by a bigger club and we will have another new manager with new tactics and probably a mainly new team. Anything can happen in football. Just enjoy a successful season however it comes around.

Quite right Jeff, before we start worrying about which players will or will not make the grade lets enjoy this seasons end first. It looks like it could be a classic.

Or against the 8 teams below us that could still gain promotion. We've played 16, gaining 23 points. 1.4 points per game. We've played 41, gaining 87 points with a 2.1 average points per game. Great return, but at the next level the worst teams are better then the best teams in this league.

[QUOTE="Victor Moses ;) but at the next level the worst teams are better then the best teams in this league.[/QUOTE]

At last someone with some football savvy.