Ada Hegerberg | Vital Football

Ada Hegerberg

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
Congratulations to Ada Hegerberg for winning the inaugural Women's Ballon d'Or.

And good on her too for rejecting the political correctness.

Martin Solveig made an ill-judged remark, for sure. But as I said on another thread with regard to racism, the context and intention are more important than the words. He quite clearly didn't me to offend and if Hegerberg hasn't taken offence why the fck should anybody else?

Imo, she has shown herself to be more of a liberated woman than any of the currently fashionable, 'puritanical feminists'.

She has just acted with a deal more dignity than Solveig. He showed himself up and left me wondering just how he decided that remark was worth sharing. It wasn't sexual harrassment as Hegerberg has said but it sure as hell was sexism and I'd back feminists of whatever persuasion, who said so.

He made an ill judged comment, I already said that. I agree that he showed himself up, and I think he probably recognises that himself. It was a sexist comment but his reaction shows, to me at least, that the man aint a sexist.

There are enough sexists out there, let's deal with them rather than allow ourselves to create a new fascism.

The puritanical feminists, and those who support them, aint helping combat sexism. Their agenda is more to do with political correctness and it is totalitarian.

Sorry but I think your slip's showing Buddha. The apology was very modern and totally insincere. Start with an excuse based on language and culture, ramble on shedding responsibility and end with a lukewarm sorry if I have offended anyone.

I don't think there is the slightest danger from feminism of any stripe. I agree with some and disagree with others and I daresay sometimes I am wrong and sometimes right. It's always worth reflecting when one attacks wide of the bullseye and with such venom. It's a clue.

Just because it ain't as bad as other sexist remarks or behaviours doesn't mean the DJ Solveig wasn't being sexist.

I wouldn't describe myself as especially "Politically Correct" but just don't understand why he felt the need to say something like that.

How about next time a woman can receive the award for her footballing ability without it being made sexual? Just a thought.

I await Steve Treacle to say the World has gone nuts though ha ha...

Sorry but I think your slip's showing Buddha. The apology was very modern and totally insincere. Start with an excuse based on language and culture, ramble on shedding responsibility and end with a lukewarm sorry if I have offended anyone.

I don't think there is the slightest danger from feminism of any stripe. I agree with some and disagree with others and I daresay sometimes I am wrong and sometimes right. It's always worth reflecting when one attacks wide of the bullseye and with such venom. It's a clue.

I'm not sure I understand your first, or last two sentences. What do you mean, 'my slip'?

And to what are you referring at the end?

Just because it ain't as bad as other sexist remarks or behaviours doesn't mean the DJ Solveig wasn't being sexist.

I wouldn't describe myself as especially "Politically Correct" but just don't understand why he felt the need to say something like that.

How about next time a woman can receive the award for her footballing ability without it being made sexual? Just a thought.

I await Steve Treacle to say the World has gone nuts though ha ha...

I completely agree.

That comment certainly got more coverage than Ms Hegerberg's football achievements. I've never heard of her

He showed himself up and left me wondering just how he decided that remark was worth sharing. It wasn't sexual harrassment as Hegerberg has said but it sure as hell was sexism and I'd back feminists of whatever persuasion, who said so.

I can only speculate that when he is DJing in French nightclubs then shouting for people to twerk might be considered an acceptable request from a DJ.

He is otherwise incredibly nieve to think it was worth the risk of saying something so crass in public and not expecting a backlash as he has rightly received.

It was a stupid and crass thing to say, but, if you believe in freedom of speech, he is entitled to say such things. Be they insulting or not.

Tell you what from the look at her stature she could do a job for us in a back three alongside Zac!