Acklington Stanlee - eggzacklee! | Page 2 | Vital Football

Acklington Stanlee - eggzacklee!

keep the faith - on the minus side we have the injuries - but on the plus side these young lads from the U21s & U21s are getting used to playing with each other every game and they are improving !

C’mon you to tics !

Oh I am still nurturing my optimism for the medium term Degsy, the progression of some of the young lads is plain to see for those of us who've been able to watch the majority of games this season. They aren't anywhere near the finished articles yet, but a couple are IMO really embracing their opportunity.
I just think that the loss of Naismith and (possibly) Evans today, so soon after their return and the massive boost this return brought, might be a bit of a downer for the young un's for todays game.
Like I said though, I'm almost always wrong with my match predictions so there's still plenty of hope.

If the experienced players really are missing as suspected, then I fear for our young team today. Accy play the ball quickly and have really good movement. I don't have a good feeling about today.

If the experienced players really are missing as suspected, then I fear for our young team today. Accy play the ball quickly and have really good movement. I don't have a good feeling about today.

Yes, I've got the same vibe. I'm looking at the pissing down rain and thinking heavy defeat.

Suppose this should be in a different thread but there is a connection to Accrington Stanley.
Yesterday I had a delivery from Iceland (food store not country) The driver asked if I had any connections to Wigan Athletic and I said I had been a supporter for more years than I care to remember. Turns out his name was John Hinnigan, Joes brother. He told me Joe, who has just turned 65 had not been well and had to be fitted with a defibrillator? I think he probably meant a pacemaker but whatever I wish Joe all the best for his health. Great player in his prime and one of footballs genuine nice guys.

Suppose this should be in a different thread but there is a connection to Accrington Stanley.
Yesterday I had a delivery from Iceland (food store not country) The driver asked if I had any connections to Wigan Athletic and I said I had been a supporter for more years than I care to remember. Turns out his name was John Hinnigan, Joes brother. He told me Joe, who has just turned 65 had not been well and had to be fitted with a defibrillator? I think he probably meant a pacemaker but whatever I wish Joe all the best for his health. Great player in his prime and one of footballs genuine nice guys.
Superb player. As wanna be left back, he's one of my favourite ever players. the word "rampaging" was invented for him. Wasn't he our first sale to a "big club" (Sunderland)?

Keep well Joe.

Top player Joe Hinnigan, fond memories of him in a Latics shirt. Hope he stays well.
I can see today's match being hard but I think we will grind out another three points with a 2-0 victory.
:yes:

Joey was a cracking player for us and earned a big money move to Roker Park he moved for a fee of £135,000 which was a record for us for many a day. Stay well and safe Joey older Latics fans remember you well.

Once again for me the performance is more important than the result, although a win or a draw would make for a happier weekend. If the lads put in a shift and we cut out the individual mistakes I will be more than happy to accept whatever fate decrees.

Up the Tic's.

Thanks Kal, Lee, Gav - for all effort to get yourselves on the pitch again today 🙈
All 3 of em ? What's the chances ?

Anyone hazard a guess at the formation from that starting 11.
Are we playing 3 centre backs, Tilt, Johnson, Long ?
A fluid 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 or something else ?

Edit - or thinking about it, maybe Long will be at left back and Pearce pushed higher up in our standard 4-2-3-1 formation.

Hopefully 3-5-2 for me. Pearce and James as wing backs with Joseph and Keane up front Gardner, Merrie and Perry in midfield.

We might be able to stop the ball coming back at us all match with a packed midfield.

Edit:

Is Aasgaard injured?

:clap::clap::clap:

Our very own little ray of sunshine !
:LOL:
Well if you're happy to give them all the "benefit" while they trouser their dosh for no value to the club - again
Me - sick and tired of all and sundry taking the piss out of our club - seems it's a never ending queue

Well if you're happy to give them all the "benefit" while they trouser their dosh for no value to the club - again
Me - sick and tired of all and sundry taking the piss out of our club - seems it's a never ending queue
Naismith was injured in last week's game.
Evans looked like he was going off, but battled on (and was Motm) and had ran the furthest (bar Joseph).
Massey probably feels lower than a snake's belly given all the "support" he receives .....regardless of any actual injury he may have.

Benefit? ........what benefit? Common sense, that's all.

"Taking the piss"?.... given your capacity for cynicism, you must be flat earther !