Acklington Stanlee - eggzacklee! | Vital Football

Acklington Stanlee - eggzacklee!

moonay

Vital Football Legend
What a wonderful story. To get back into the league after all those years, and to more than hold their own is a fantastic feat.

Top Manager. Superb Chairman. Great little ground (in an absolutely not meant to be condescending way).

I remember when we were in the Prem, and our kids (with Johann Cruyff's grandson.....I think) played their reserves in the Lancs Cup. A mate at work was a big Accy fan, so I went along with him. What a lovely night. We lost, (on penalties, 11-10 !!!) but what the hell.

I remember writing a match report on the game for the old TNS forum, saying at the time how much of a shame it is that we won't be playing them in the league anytime soon! :cautious::cry:

I hope the young lads can take heart not only from the victory last week, but also from their general performance, yes, from last week but also in the last few games. They've been improving all the time. Getting stronger. Fewer mistakes. Understanding each other.

Given our position, points are probably more important than performance, so I'd take a scrappy undeserved win right now. I'd also take another decent performance, with whatever result it brings. For me though, my heart's on my sleeve.......... , even in the Prem, I rarely see us losing going into a game.

2-0 Tics.

I've always had a soft spot for Accy over the years,
they have dragged themselves up off the floor and with a very small fanbase.

The documentary about them a few years ago was very entertaining and showed how hard it was to run a Football Club
on a shoestring.

Surely it's more Ackrrrrington than Acklington?? :unsure::unsure:

Given the locals' pronunciation of that particular consonant, of course, you're right MB.

It's just that's the way I remember it from the little lad with the thick scouse accent in the milk advert in the 70s.

And later ............... Ian Rush? .......'Ooozzzeee?

Unfortunately,a few injured for tomorrow, really not getting any luck with injures ☹️

Unfortunately it's symptomatic of a small squad playing lots of games over a short period, 2 games a week for an extended period must be taking it's toll.

I'd love to know where you get your info from Ben, keep it coming.

I think we'll lose tomorrow, mainly cos I was starting to feel glimmers of optimism and my premonitions have been wrong nearly every single week.

Might it not be that Wigan Today article Arthur?
:hmmm:

I should have been clearer Moonay, Ben has previous for being first to provide accurate team news. He told us when Evans was back, before I'd seen it anywhere else, although that probably says more about me than Ben :-)

I should have been clearer Moonay, Ben has previous for being first to provide accurate team news. He told us when Evans was back, before I'd seen it anywhere else, although that probably says more about me than Ben :-)

Perhaps we should do what Bolton did and postpone the game due to overplaying our young players.

I doubt the EFL would be as generous with us though.

Unfortunately it's symptomatic of a small squad playing lots of games over a short period, 2 games a week for an extended period must be taking it's toll.

I'd love to know where you get your info from Ben, keep it coming.

I think we'll lose tomorrow, mainly cos I was starting to feel glimmers of optimism and my premonitions have been wrong nearly every single week.

keep the faith - on the minus side we have the injuries - but on the plus side these young lads from the U21s & U21s are getting used to playing with each other every game and they are improving !

C’mon you to tics !

keep the faith - on the minus side we have the injuries - but on the plus side these young lads from the U21s & U21s are getting used to playing with each other every game and they are improving !

C’mon you to tics !

* U18s