Accrington | Page 6 | Vital Football

Accrington

That'll do. Don't know why the commentary was so convinced that was a pen near the end, their player threw himself to the ground under minimal contact. Anyways, good three points and a long overdue clean sheet.

Well done Gills! Solid display from the defence, a battling and creative midfield and very little hoof ball apart from the odd justifiable long clearance. How can we play hoofball and badly over the last few weeks and play so well today? Was it just down to the impact of Lee and Slattery? Or welcome change in management tactics? And loved the bias of the co-commentator towards the end...”definite penalty 100 percent” and a few seconds later “and now they’re time wasting by making a substitution!” Was great to see O’Keefe come on for the last minute.

Up the Gills.

Not only did we have a midfield for the first time this season, they were excellent too.

Great stuff.

I shall take full person credit for us winning and blame all our defeats on Rob.

How very dare you, I'm taking the credit for that win and I look forward to not watching on Tuesday too. 😉

Lincoln away was the last game I saw in person, feels like it was years ago. 😭

Midfield marvel - SE has to start the same team on Tuesday (please don`t rotate!) Our guys in the middle were superb today. The addition of Slattery, who is a very combative player to the ever improving MacDonald gave us a whole lot of bite. TBF, (as both Shotshy and jogill had said previously) Olly worked hard and did make the extra space to enable others find passes - Dempsey, in particular, benefited and used his space well to get some quality shots in.

Very good by everyone and a great save near the end from Bonham but, this was a real team effort. Well done Gills, really looking forward to Tuesday.

PS - Slattery looks prone to getting a yellow for repeatedly kicking the ball away - `ave a word SE.